Notices

42' vs toyota

Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Yes I agree Dave, the media is against US products, just how they don't report on how big a dip **** Obama is!!!
This **** started long before Obama got in office as did the debt crisis. Dont be a political liabilty and associate where we are today with one party. Truth be told, the mess we are in started with my 2nd favorite president, Reagen. Relaxing the banking regs started the slope we are now piled up in at the bottom of the hill. Dont commit to either party, it's a shell game and we as US middle class citizens and our children will pay for the theft that has occurred. Both parties members have fortified their accounts on our and our childrens backs.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
Use low range!
It was probably 2wd, and the only reason it didn't spin was because it had 2k lbs of payload maxing out the rear axle..

This video is stupid.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Way to blow out the launch.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Used to haul my 32 with a GMC C3 series. This was GM's Denali package back in 2000. After purchasing a 4 door Chevy kodiak c4500 I will never look at pickups to haul these large boats ever again. These trucks are the real deal. The ultimate in braking power and all around saftey, not to mention it tends to make an unmistakable statement rolling up to the launch
Old 03-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Just fine, I can guarantee you it would be better with a real truck like a diesel!! 1/2 ton trucks are worthless and that's all Toyota will ever make cause if you pull up to a construction site with a tundra you will get laughed at period!!!
As emabarrassing as my 02 duramax that kept dropping injectors and blowing oil all over what ever I was towing? Bought it new and they still tried stiffing us in injectors, had to have a class action law suit

How about the 06 ford f350 Harley I bought new that needed $36k in warranty work over 5 years, plus nearly 10k of non warranty work. Kinda embarrassing driving ford Taurus loaners when my new truck sat in the shop half it's life

I don't go to construction sites. It's just ignorant for anyone that has now owned an American made Toyota to comment. I've owned them all, extremely impressed with a truck made a step above
Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by IROCDave
Quick google search pulls up this - http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/10...ust-issue.html

If you spend the time to " actually research" how Toyota handles small issues like this you will find that they denied any defects for 10+ years. Back in the mid 00's their was an article that stated they were forced by the NHTS to buy back almost 2 MILLION, yea, million tacomas becuase of this. My brother tipped me off as he was in a western high desert state and saw the vehicles in a staging area.

Toyota is a media master, keep that in mind when you read reviews in US rags.. Not to mention the japaneese government threatening to dump US debt in the late 90's when a republican senator mentioned the tarrifs put on US auto manufactures products imported to Japan.
You can't be serious? I would do a search for American car quality and defects but we would be here all day.

Let me just ask you? Why can you buy window regulators for GM trucks at autozone? How about broken spark plug pullers and helicoil kits designed for ford engines?

Uaw and the big 3 should be asshamed, build a better car or truck, it's simple
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Why is Gm and Chrysler handing out money to us for being citizens? Or are us citizens bailing them out?

Toyota USA is a USA corporation based in California, the are currently providing 37000 jobs right here in the USA.

The auto world is a global industry. Our good old American car companies have moved jobs an factories over seas or other places in north "America". Toyota, Hyundai, Mercedes, BMW, even Kia have all RECENTLY built plants HERE, and made jobs HERE.

Now you will counter that it is our fault for not buying American, and I will counter with how the American companies got greedy and forgot to add quality to there "name" therefore they lost customers to "jap" companies. BTW the jap and euro cars now cost more, and still outsell.

I am an American, I work for an American Petroleum company, but our auto industry is sad and they should be ashamed of themselves. Now we just have good ole boy's pointing the finger saying jap scrap and pearl harbor....Times have changed, maybe not on this site but inn reality they have changed.

My tundra 5.7 crew with the tow max package pulls my 38 just fine. Just put the first set of tires on it at 66,000 miles. That is the first and only thing it has needed. I did notice the brakes are half worn. My friend noticed the brakes are larger than his 2007 3500 Chevy diesel. He also noted that there was no rust anywhere, and the rear diff was larger than most 3/4 tons. I'm done buying junk cause it is "American" junk

My check list was even signed by a guy name John Williams at the factory in Texas....doesn't get more American than that
Well said, and these UAW a holes are killing the US auto makers.
Old 03-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
you would really tow that PIG down the interstate ?
Now my 38 lighting is a pig lol? Maybe compared to a skater, but wtf?

And yes down the interstate, I do it all the time. One hand on the wheel and cruise set.

Btw had a 2009 f250 with a 5.4. The toyo out tows it in every possible way, and just feels more STABLE. Turns out the bad boy f250 was only rated for 9600 lbs (crew cab 4wd) and needed to be wife open throttle to go anywhere, and got about the same fuel mileage asy boat does. My last "American" truck until something changes. I would consider a new diesel out of necessity
Old 03-09-2013, 07:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

As emabarrassing as my 02 duramax that kept dropping injectors and blowing oil all over what ever I was towing? Bought it new and they still tried stiffing us in injectors, had to have a class action law suit

How about the 06 ford f350 Harley I bought new that needed $36k in warranty work over 5 years, plus nearly 10k of non warranty work. Kinda embarrassing driving ford Taurus loaners when my new truck sat in the shop half it's life

I don't go to construction sites. It's just ignorant for anyone that has now owned an American made Toyota to comment. I've owned them all, extremely impressed with a truck made a step above
At the same time, you have storys like mine.... I have had only Fords for 20 years, yet to be stranded on the side of the road, do they break.... ? sure, but never staranded...

I have had 5 F250's, yes they have all been 7.3, but I also dont buy new.... I would own a 6.0 and just do the things it needs... I have 30 people I know with all SD fords, 90% are problem free... some just have issues...

14 explorer/mountaineers over 20 years...same thing, never stranded...

and god only knows how many Mustangs I have been through..as I get bored easily and love fox body Mustangs...

Now as far as buying for reliability, Toyotas really are not any more reliable then anything else in reality... and if they are it isnt much... same for any otrher big 3 or import...

I spend amazing amount of time in my vehicles and buy top of the line for luxury, my F250 is loaded lariat, and mountaineer is premier... both loaded down and they are way more comfortable then the Toyota, Dodge, gm and any other in comparison, that means a ton to me, both mine ride like the have 40,000 miles... truck has 382,00...... mountaineer has 233,000 both are 2002's.... I dont like poayments, I rotate vehicles every 3 years minimal... buy from south with zero rust... EVERYTHING rusts up north... I dont care what it is....

I also do all my own work, am a hard core gearhead and I know what I like... I look at all trucks for fun at auto shows and such, been in GM,Dodge, and even a Tundra, I still say Fords drive, ride, and feel the best... and like I said... in MY CASE have been way more reliable then anything else..

I just don't think Toyota and Nissan trucks are built for long term abuse, they have not proven that yet... I mean didn't Toyota get recalled for cracking frames?? and I don't think any kind of heavy duty truck should have torsion bars, that on a GM dually??? really? they can fail and fuk you up... had it happen once...I will take real springs thx

I am not trying to start a pissing match, I just dont think anyone should tow anything over 8000 lbs with any kind of 1/2 ton truck, they are just not heavy enough if things go bad, I dont care what the rating is, F150 is rated great, and I love Ford, still will tow with my SD ford though...
Old 03-09-2013, 07:21 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Now my 38 lighting is a pig lol? Maybe compared to a skater, but wtf?

And yes down the interstate, I do it all the time. One hand on the wheel and cruise set.

Btw had a 2009 f250 with a 5.4. The toyo out tows it in every possible way, and just feels more STABLE. Turns out the bad boy f250 was only rated for 9600 lbs (crew cab 4wd) and needed to be wife open throttle to go anywhere, and got about the same fuel mileage asy boat does. My last "American" truck until something changes. I would consider a new diesel out of necessity
I am spoiled with diesels... I will never have another gas truck for towing again... the 5.4 was not a good towing engine and should not have been in F250's in my opinion... v-10 was good butr the mileage... FUK THAT...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.