Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where to get good submersable trailer lights. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29297-where-get-good-submersable-trailer-lights.html)

Dave1972 07-22-2002 04:48 PM

Boathead, Your mailbox is full. I tried sending you a PM but was rejected. Anyway...here's my message I was trying to send. Let me know if you can help me out or have suggestions.

Paul,
I'm also working on getting my trailer "redone" and was thinking about LED's. I've got the Wesbar ovals in my trailer and the cutout is oval is well on the trailer, do you think that the company you mentioned makes LED's in a similar setup? I think that would be very slick and would look great but was hoping for some suggestions. Let me know if you have pictures or anything like that and maybe I can take a look as well? Thanks for your posting and let me know.

Dave

ForrestC 07-22-2002 04:51 PM

Sea Sense brand

These LED trailer lights are good and submersible and you can buy the complete kit at Wal-Mart or K-Mart for about $50.

BruceK 07-22-2002 05:18 PM

Hi Paul,
I am definitely interested if your friend can get them. Please let me know.
Bruce

boathead 07-22-2002 05:21 PM

Dave I've emptied that PM box several times, but it still doesn't work, if you have the oval cutouts , you can go with the 420-2(includes light, grommet, and plug-3 wire which should go right in your original mounting hole, or you can go with a 22 led units which is what i originally wanted, but at the time weren't available with the flange mounts which I needed.
I think the 22 led versions are # 420. Their catalog numbering system is kinda screwy, but I can tell you they make a far better product than any of the competition!:cool:
Try the link in my first reply and just look through the LED section, and if you see something you like I can get a hold of Mark and get prices.
Hope this helps,
Paul

boathead 07-22-2002 05:26 PM

Bruce,
read my last post, I put some part #'s in there for the oval (with grommet) and the flange mount(which mounts like the big rectangular Wesbar sealed units, I'll try and get a hold of Mark tonight and see if he can give me some prices. By the way it seems as though no one's private message box is working, just tried to send you one and was booted.

Just e-mail if i can help you out I have the catalog right in front of me.

dave,
sorry I don't have any pictures of the trailer yet, and my digital camera is KAPUT!
Paul

BruceK 07-22-2002 05:33 PM

I'll need the surface mount type, i.e wesbar. Looking at the picture the 420 is hard to understand since they are not showing the 3 dimensions. Anyway, keep me informed. Thanks again

snglestack 07-22-2002 06:40 PM

BRUCE YOU CAN FIND THE LEDS AT ANY TRUCK STOP OR AT ANY TRUCK DEALER THAT SELLS TRACTORS THEY ARE CHEAP AND PLENTIFULL HERE IN THE NORTHEAST GOOD LUCK:D

boathead 07-23-2002 12:04 PM

Bruce and Dave,
I will e-mail you Mark's cell #, he said to mention my name when you call him, and he can help you with the lights.
Paul

BruceK 07-23-2002 12:11 PM

Sounds great Paul...Thanks

mopower 07-23-2002 09:00 PM

Boaters World has Road Warrior LEDs for $59.99 also can try
www.seasense.com:cool:for LEDs