Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Where to get good submersable trailer lights. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29297-where-get-good-submersable-trailer-lights.html)

boathead 07-24-2002 09:13 AM

Bruce and Dave,

Was Mark able to help you out?
Paul

BruceK 07-24-2002 09:35 AM

Hi Paul,
Mark was unable to sell outside of Michigan, so he gave me Peterson's number. I contacted them and they gave me a list of companies to contact and not one could sell to the public. It was completely rediculous and I made sure to contact Peterson with what I had run up against. They gave me an addition number to a company (supplier) in Georgia who referred me to one of thei retailers and they would not ship. So, I gave up, found another company and purchased a set of lights that this guy highly recommended. They are called ASL (American Super Liights). I will have them in a week or so and let you know how they are.
They apparently have a patented lense which lights up a full 180 degrees with out a side lense. We'll see.
Thanks for all your help though. I never thought it would be so hard to find them.

CRUBOSS 07-24-2002 09:56 AM

DON'T BE SO CHEAP. GET THE GOLD PLATED LIGHTS. AND RUN THE MARKERS DOWN THE ENTIRE SIDE OF THE TRAILER. THAT WAY YOU CAN LOOK LIKE A CHICKEN HAULER. (SEMI DRIVER TALK) THEN WHEN YOU GO DOWN THE ROAD AT NIGHT YOU WILL STAND OUT. MAKE A STATEMENT! HAVE FUN ! LEO

BruceK 07-24-2002 10:07 AM

Hey Cruboss... When do you want me to swing by and pick up those parts???
And by the way, maybe I will put stop/turn and tail lights all around my trailer. This way when I'm turning or breaking the entire trailer will light up and or flash. :) what do you think???Smart ass!

CRUBOSS 07-24-2002 10:50 AM

bruce; i am waiting for the machine shop to modify a couple of the water cross overs. then all the parts can be done at the same time... i will advise. the machine shop is a little back-logged right now. so it may not be till next week. you missed a great run to atlanta... talk to ya soon. did you get my e mail about joe's props?????

boathead 07-25-2002 08:29 AM

Wrote To Petersen

Bruce,
I'm sorry for all the inconvenience, it's really unbelievable that a company who makes such a good product can be so f$%^ed up when it comes to selling to the public, there is A LOT of interest in LED lighting for boat trailers, you'd think the morons would want to make some money selling to the general public. I did write to their sales dept. and asked if I need to become a fleet operator to buy their stuff. Mark has mentioned to me that their marketing is a mess, but a lot of his customers insist on using their lights since they're so good:confused: .

Hope your new lights work well!
Paul

Just In case anyone is interested
Here's two place they said to call:

4-State Trucks
888-875-7787

Dukes A & W
800-344-8243
Patty Carr
Customer Service Representative