Prop help for my caravelle 26ft >

Prop help for my caravelle 26ft

Notices

Prop help for my caravelle 26ft

Old 03-13-2013, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop help for my caravelle 26ft

Hey guys I'm a brand new member on here and am seeking advice on my new boat. Well not new but to me it is!! It's a 2000 Caravelle Marin interceptor 26', which is a somewhat rare boat that I found last week with only 160 hrs on it. It has the 7.4 MPI engine and bravo one out drive. After replacing all the fluids, cap and rotor, and plugs I've got her running perfect. The boat currently has a 21p mirage stainless prop, that I believe is 14". The boat topped out at 54 mph/GPS yesterday. I truly feel that the boat is "under-propped" if you will. As soon as the boat is on plane she's at 4000rpm's wot. Then proceeds to 4600rpm's at max speed. Also I don't have any buddies that have a bravo one or a larger prop. I'm the first to graduate to the big block so I can't borrow one. So before I blow $600+ on a 23 or 25p prop I was seeking some advice from experienced boat owners with this same setup. Thanks guys,
Judson
Old 03-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by 26interceptor
Hey guys I'm a brand new member on here and am seeking advice on my new boat. Well not new but to me it is!! It's a 2000 Caravelle Marin interceptor 26', which is a somewhat rare boat that I found last week with only 160 hrs on it. It has the 7.4 MPI engine and bravo one out drive. After replacing all the fluids, cap and rotor, and plugs I've got her running perfect. The boat currently has a 21p mirage stainless prop, that I believe is 14". The boat topped out at 54 mph/GPS yesterday. I truly feel that the boat is "under-propped" if you will. As soon as the boat is on plane she's at 4000rpm's wot. Then proceeds to 4600rpm's at max speed. Also I don't have any buddies that have a bravo one or a larger prop. I'm the first to graduate to the big block so I can't borrow one. So before I blow $600+ on a 23 or 25p prop I was seeking some advice from experienced boat owners with this same setup. Thanks guys,
Judson
Not sure how you concluded you are under-propped. The 7.4L MPI is listed at 4,200 - 4,600 RPM so you are perfect at 4,600 RPM at WOT. Your prop slip calculates out at 11% which is really good. Not sure I'd touch a thing. 54 MPH GPS is a good number in a 26' boat with 310 HP.