Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ozark's people! The Dummy Burned Down! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29324-ozarks-people-dummy-burned-down.html)

FunHome 07-22-2002 03:11 PM

Ozark's people! The Dummy Burned Down!

We were at the lake of the past weekend and were going to show my in-laws what the World's best Bloody Mary tasted like but we heard from our neighbor that The Dummy had burnt down last Sunday night!

We went by to see for ourselves and Man was it SAD!:( Everything is Gone! A Lady I talked to said that they heard it was an electrical fire and that everyone got out alright. I guess it Started about 2am and burned until one of the Fire boat's got there and they got it out by 4am. I heard the Frank is O.K. but has said he won't rebuild.:(

I have a lot of great memories of that place!

I'll try and post a pic. when we get them developed.

jawbreakerkid 07-22-2002 03:17 PM

:( :(

the dummy was always a cool place. i used to love to listen to frank's stories.

BajaBoss252 07-22-2002 03:27 PM

Hmmmm...not rebuilding huh? I know of three places in Maine that burnt down and were never rebuilt. A fire seems to be the best way to get out of a restaraunt business...

ssherman 07-22-2002 03:34 PM

:( :(

alot of memories there......I washed Dishes there when I was 14.

and alot of 2 am Chocolate Milk Shakes.....:D

mpally 07-22-2002 06:35 PM

BajaBoss252, that's what I was thinking. The place hasn't done a whole lot of business lately. The docks never seem too full when I go by.

Steve_H 07-22-2002 08:33 PM

the dummy? hmm , a bar i havent ventured into:confused:

where was this place?

BajaBoss252 07-22-2002 09:04 PM

Did I mention that all 3 were in the same town in Maine? That's where I go sledding. There wasn't all that much there to begin with and now it's down to like 3 restaraunts in all. I really wish they would rebuild the Road Kill Cafe though, that one was my favorite...

MissAmy 07-22-2002 09:05 PM

We've taken the kids there for breakfast the past couple of years after coving out down in the Gravois arm...they LOVED that place! They will be so sad, as am I. :(

Just think of all the grafitti that went down with the fire.....like you all have said...so many memories.

FunHome 07-23-2002 11:28 AM

LOTOPARTY,
It was at about the 6 1/2 Mile marker of the Gravois Arm. Just past Time Out and just across from Kelly's Port.

Miss Amy, Your right with all of the Grafitti I bet that helped the fire!!

For everyone, The walls and Ceiling were covered by names from people that had visited there over the years!! Also, Franks Bloddy Mary's were awsome!! I heard that he made them up by gallon and then let them ferment in the cooler for up to a month!

Shane, did you ever get the recipe?

KCHOTBOAT 07-23-2002 12:30 PM

Brad
Are you going to be at LOTO this weekend. We are heading down Thursday afternoon.