Notices

IL drinking on boat.....

Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your local regs.

To remain legal in fl, one person capable of operating must be sober. Keys, no keys.....one sober capable operator.

We are a zero tolerance state...meaning simply, they have the authority (not that they always do) to take the vessel or car or home or whatever you are in and own at the time they discover a felony infraction.

BUI is a felony here.

Also, when under way, alcohol cannot be within reach of the operator...but if stopped (anchored, drifting, tied to a dock) all can drink.....but may have to prove there is one under limit operator on board.....even if they are asleep at the time of inspection.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by commandersander
but if stopped (anchored, drifting, tied to a dock) all can drink.....
I'm pretty sure you're under way if you're drifting.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
99.99% sure operator can not have an open container while underway. Although the conservation are pretty easy going around me.I've never even been stopped
better take that back..... or u will be f-ed this year geting stoped every weekend......
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Rbesola
99.99% sure operator can not have an open container while underway. Although the conservation are pretty easy going around me.I've never even been stopped
In my class they said you could, that was difference between car and boats..
Old 03-21-2013, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

wasn't there a thread last year about a guy at loto getting hauled away for being drunk with the anchor down and no intention of leaving for the night? Boat cops are my least favorite people in the world.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

A vessel drifting with no one in command at the helm with or without power is classified by USCG as NOC

Not Under Command

And yes, I am a uscg captain.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Registered
VIP Member

But....local regs can be more stringent....

Look at our gun laws as opposed to Il
Old 03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

M
Originally Posted by jbraun2828
wasn't there a thread last year about a guy at loto getting hauled away for being drunk with the anchor down and no intention of leaving for the night? Boat cops are my least favorite people in the world.
No offense to you but my buddy is a water sheriff in MI. You can pretty much do whatever if your not driving...
Old 03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
M

No offense to you but my buddy is a water sheriff in MI. You can pretty much do whatever if your not driving...
please send your buddy over to this side of the state. The sheriff's over here are out of control. I'm surprised I haven't seen any of them out yet skimming on top of the ice. Coast Guard however is very respectible to everyone.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
I don't know ay specifics about it, but there is drunk and then there is that wonderfull drunk attitude some people get which is much more likely to get them hauled away then merely consuming a few beverages.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.