I want to convert to Mercury Power >

I want to convert to Mercury Power

Notices

I want to convert to Mercury Power

Old 03-24-2013, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I want to convert to Mercury Power

Eventually. Just had my Sterlings rebuilt and will run them at least this year and probably one more. However, when it comes time for them to be rebuilt again, I would like to sell them and convert to 850s or 1075s.

It seems that there are very few "sets" for sale. I've seen a few single engines for sale from $40-75,000 each.

I would be interested in hearing comments on 850s vs 1075s. I plan on getting the Mercury Smart Craft to integrate with my Garmin.

I've researched 700s. The consensus was that they would be a bit underpowered and I would be running too high rpms to do what I want to do.

I would buy a set that is run out and just hold them until my Sterlings are done if anyone knows of someone looking to unload a pair.

I can't afford 1100s so don't even bring it up.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Eventually. Just had my Sterlings rebuilt and will run them at least this year and probably one more. However, when it comes time for them to be rebuilt again, I would like to sell them and convert to 850s or 1075s.

It seems that there are very few "sets" for sale. I've seen a few single engines for sale from $40-75,000 each.

I would be interested in hearing comments on 850s vs 1075s. I plan on getting the Mercury Smart Craft to integrate with my Garmin.

I've researched 700s. The consensus was that they would be a bit underpowered and I would be running too high rpms to do what I want to do.

I would buy a set that is run out and just hold them until my Sterlings are done if anyone knows of someone looking to unload a pair.

Just trade it in on a new one.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam

You should be able to get decent money for yours, then have mark at precision hook you up with some 1075's that have been made roller and more reliable. Win win