Notices

Worlds fastest Apache?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:28 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kreed
You may be right, but dont forget....those are 50 ft boats gettin tossed around. And that 47 was air born alot...definatley not 3 footers. Gotta give credit when its due.
Another video of that incredibly well balanced 47 Apache in somewhat rougher seas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwjMgDl02k

Can't wait to see this gas turbine powered one in action!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
No doubt! Makes me itchy for summer!
Agreed!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by cfischer
somebody please post a video of a boat or a race boat running in 10' or bigger seas???? i'd really like to see that!!!
I don't remember the exact year but there is some great footage of some Apache's running in an Atlantic City race some years ago (late 80's/early 90's). The spray from Little Ceasars and Apache Kid was hitting the copter windows. The video is available through Freeze Frame.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kwb
Worlds fastest Apache?

The one that Stinson is driving.....
that means that the boat would be running upside down
Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Another video of that incredibly well balanced 47 Apache in somewhat rougher seas.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niwjMgDl02k

I LOVE that video & especially the boat.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goatskin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mITYTlIP0lw this was mostly 4-6', but there were a few holes here-and-there. The Phantom's average speed was 59kts, I think.

And, what a difference a couple of hours can make in sea-conditions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXD96uoMyDI
Some big waves but no 8 to 10s. I'm not bashing anyone but when guys get on here and say they were running in those seas I call bs. There still isn't 1 video of guys racing in those seas so I highly doubt someone is out in that chit with there pleasure boat
Old 03-28-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I don't remember the exact year but there is some great footage of some Apache's running in an Atlantic City race some years ago (late 80's/early 90's). The spray from Little Ceasars and Apache Kid was hitting the copter windows. The video is available through Freeze Frame.
it was 1989 on Tuesday the first day of racing and it was rough, don't know how big but BIG water.

The Apaches were not running very fast, Gancia came in 1st if I recall ahead of everyone including Little Cesars, Apache Kid etc and Gancia averaged like 60-65 mph meaning 80 in the calmer spots and 45 in the rough spots. Gancia was in a dispute after the race because she ran outside the course, too close to the beach and that was from LBI heading South to AC inlet. If you know that area running too close to the beach is very rough.

If any of you were there you would remember Apache Kid having to rebond bulkheads and other things that fell apart, broke etc. I believe INX had damage as well, you can't take any boat and RACE fast in BIG waves for 75-100 miles (shorten course) and not have damage, Apache or not.

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 03-28-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by HabanaJoe
it was 1989 on Tuesday the first day of racing and it was rough, don't know how big but BIG water.

The Apaches were not running very fast, Gancia came in 1st if I recall ahead of everyone including Little Cesars, Apache Kid etc and Gancia averaged like 60-65 mph meaning 80 in the calmer spots and 45 in the rough spots. Gancia was in a dispute after the race because she ran outside the course, too close to the beach and that was from LBI heading South to AC inlet. If you know that area running too close to the beach is very rough.

If any of you were there you would remember Apache Kid having to rebond bulkheads and other things that fell apart, broke etc. I believe INX had damage as well, you can't take any boat and RACE fast in BIG waves for 75-100 miles (shorten course) and not have damage, Apache or not.
Thats the race YES-X-PRESS 32 Cobra blew apart as well. And if Im not mistaken the race where Kevin Brown was killed?
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cfischer
Some big waves but no 8 to 10s. I'm not bashing anyone but when guys get on here and say they were running in those seas I call bs. There still isn't 1 video of guys racing in those seas so I highly doubt someone is out in that chit with there pleasure boat
I agree with you that is big water. We see it on the Atlantic Ocean off the Jersey coast. Not many Offshore Power boaters want to try to run it. It's brutal! Lots of Apache Powerboats in these parts, maybe that's the reason. Some credible people say the 46 Skater can handle it also. I believe them.
6 to 8's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAeUqU5L6bo

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-28-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Thats the race YES-X-PRESS 32 Cobra blew apart as well. And if Im not mistaken the race where Kevin Brown was killed?
Kevin was killed on the second day when it was calmer with a ground swell still rolling in. Yes, express I don't recall, there was lots of damaged boats! John Antonelli broke his back/tailbone (?) in the big Jaguar on Tuesday. I think Bob Kasier was or almost swamped coming out the inlet - it was a bad day, that race ended offshore in AC.

On a + note, glad Dave P is bringing racing back to AC in what looks like a grand fashion!

Last edited by HabanaJoe; 03-28-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.