well its already a bad start for the season,1 dead + >

well its already a bad start for the season,1 dead +

Notices

well its already a bad start for the season,1 dead +

Old 03-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikes280
again people posting things that may not be qualified to say for starters that boat was not light, and that is first hand from the man that built it . He told me it could have been but he built it to take the speed and the water in Ft. Myers where the original owner was from.
Is anyone even sure exactly what boat it was? Also, it was clarified by the same person I quoted that the boat appeared to blow over but in fact stuffed and came up at a radical angle and broke apart (or at least that's my understanding on the situation).
Old 03-31-2013, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

again people posting things that may not be qualified to say for starters that boat was not light, and that is first hand from the man that built it . He told me it could have been but he built it to take the speed and the water in Ft. Myers where the original owner was from.
80-degree angle. Could have appeared to be a blow over to an untrained observer.

Hate to hear this. Thoughts to the survivors and families.
I have ridden on that boat.
The original owner and his wife were FMO members for years.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 03-31-2013, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DonziFreak
Is anyone even sure exactly what boat it was? Also, it was clarified by the same person I quoted that the boat appeared to blow over but in fact stuffed and came up at a radical angle and broke apart (or at least that's my understanding on the situation).
I was not there so only repeating what i have seen so many different places and it was the blue 39 with staggered 700sci mercs and they only built one like it that color to my knowledge.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

it was the 39 blue and silver boat,,if you save image 6 and look ak at the upper left hand corner you can see the stripes that the 39 blue boat had..this is the second velosity expload on impact or what ever happened...http://www.pnj.com/article/20130331/...ar-Gulf-Breeze
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
it was the 39 blue and silver boat,,if you save image 6 and look ak at the upper left hand corner you can see the stripes that the 39 blue boat had..this is the second velosity expload on impact or what ever happened...http://www.pnj.com/article/20130331/...ar-Gulf-Breeze
not sure on it being the second but how many Fountains plus many other do we need to name that have come apart , they all have had it happen. These things are not tanks they can and will break if landed wrong at high speed. The way it lands has a lot to do with what damage it does to the boats.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Registered

not sure on it being the second but how many Fountains plus many other do we need to name that have come apart , they all have had it happen. These things are not tanks they can and will break if landed wrong at high speed. The way it lands has a lot to do with what damage it does to the boats.
I was just talking with my Glass guy a few days ago about a scenario exactly like this. The amount of pressure when you stuff is incredible. Very few boats of any make can withstand it without blowing apart. This is an unfortunate example and no fault of the builder.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
I was just talking with my Glass guy a few days ago about a scenario exactly like this. The amount of pressure when you stuff is incredible. Very few boats of any make can withstand it without blowing apart. This is an unfortunate example and no fault of the builder.
the one that came apart on lake michigan years ago was a 260 or a 280 and he was not going fast,,he was going through rollers early in the am before anyone was out and when he came off a roller and when he landed the boat came apart,,he died and his wife survived..story was he broke his neck on the steering wheel when he went out the bottom of the boat..the boat sat in pieces for years and their was a law suit involved..the guy that died was a friend of a friend..
Old 03-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered

Lots of different boats have come apart. There have been many lawsuits. That is what liability insurance is for. Sorry about your friends friend. This is a dangerous hobby. I have tripped and stuffed and it is always in my mind when I get out in big water.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sad to hear, not good.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Lots of different boats have come apart. There have been many lawsuits. That is what liability insurance is for. Sorry about your friends friend. This is a dangerous hobby. I have tripped and stuffed and it is always in my mind when I get out in big water.
Doesn't matter who made the boat...... Any boat is capable of coming apart if it happens just right.....my father broke a 28 pantera in half stuffing off of Miami Beach in a race back in 92.... Not any ones fault, but the right things came together to make a bad situation..... Sounds like that's what happened here.....things came together in such a way that we ended up with a very tragic result....

Btw, this is off subject, but Hotjava, do you attend river roar at bay city in June?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.