well its already a bad start for the season,1 dead + >

well its already a bad start for the season,1 dead +

Notices

well its already a bad start for the season,1 dead +

Old 03-31-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

[QUOTE=DonziFreak;3895988]Doesn't matter who made the boat...... Any boat is capable of coming apart if it happens just right.....my father broke a 28 pantera in half stuffing off of Miami Beach in a race back in 92.... Not any ones fault, but the right things came together to make a bad situation..... Sounds like that's what happened here.....things came together in such a way that we ended up with a very tragic result....

Exactly my point. Each time an incident like this happens there are a handful that blame the mfgr.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Nobody to sue except the boat owner/driver.....

Velocity built that boat years ago (5-7) and obviously nothing failed in prior uses so it would be tough to argue something was wrong with it hundreds of hours later. If this happened on the maiden voyage, then it would be a different story.

From an asset standpoint, pretty sure Velocity isn't sitting on millions of dollars either. Not sure if they are even building boats anymore (if they are I suspect it is a handful or less a year). Why sue if you are going to get nothing?

At least a step hull wasn't a factor!
Old 03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=POWERPLAY J;3895991]
Originally Posted by DonziFreak
Doesn't matter who made the boat...... Any boat is capable of coming apart if it happens just right.....my father broke a 28 pantera in half stuffing off of Miami Beach in a race back in 92.... Not any ones fault, but the right things came together to make a bad situation..... Sounds like that's what happened here.....things came together in such a way that we ended up with a very tragic result....

Exactly my point. Each time an incident like this happens there are a handful that blame the mfgr.
agreed i just hate to see a thread turn in to and he said they said and lets blame the boat builder.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I seriously doubt that builder was at fault on this one.....just my $.02
Old 03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Physics and Newtons first law of motion are constant. Some boat s are built stronger than others and to what degree is debatable.

Jumping wakes in a production boat at 70 MPH and stuffing either end is like crashing a plane into the ground...someone is going to be injured or killed and that's what happened here.

We have to be careful out there guys...don't hesitate to back out and shut down in a situation that doesn't feel right. We've all been there. Many lives were changed forever in a split second in this situation.

In this accident it appears bad choices lead to tragic results.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:57 PM
bwd
Registered

I may run near wide open in the open ocean for 45 mins but there is something about a large curling boat wake that makes me gulp, take pause and check up. Seen the results often, terrible shame. sorry for the family and friends. Are the rest critical or going to be ok?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My condolences and prayers go out to all involved.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

This is really sad. Speedy recovery to injured and RIP to the deceased.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
There is something about a large curling boat wake that makes me gulp, take pause and check up.
I had the steering wheel come up and punch me in the face hard enough to break my sunglasses . Classic trip and stuff . What followed was not pretty . I learned a couple good lessons that day one of which is never run hard strait into the sun . Condolences to the family of our departed brother . My thoughts and prayers are with the injured .
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered

Default fixx

Originally Posted by mikes280
not sure on it being the second but how many Fountains plus many other do we need to name that have come apart , they all have had it happen. These things are not tanks they can and will break if landed wrong at high speed. The way it lands has a lot to do with what damage it does to the boats.
Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Lots of different boats have come apart. There have been many lawsuits. That is what liability insurance is for. Sorry about your friends friend. This is a dangerous hobby. I have tripped and stuffed and it is always in my mind when I get out in big water.
Doesn't matter who made the boat...... Any boat is capable of coming apart if it happens just right.....my father broke a 28 pantera in half stuffing off of Miami Beach in a race back in 92.... Not any ones fault, but the right things came together to make a bad situation..... Sounds like that's what happened here.....things came together in such a way that we ended up with a very tragic result....

Btw, this is off subject, but Hotjava, do you attend river roar at bay city in June?
[QUOTE=POWERPLAY J;3895991]

[QUOTE=mikes280;3896014]
Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
agreed i just hate to see a thread turn in to and he said they said and lets blame the boat builder.
I seriously doubt that builder was at fault on this one.....just my $.02
Did you guys see me blame the builder,,all i stated was this is the second velocity that i herd that exploded into pieces....i NEVER blamed the mfr,,just stating what i see.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.