Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Guess who I met at the launch ramp!! >

Guess who I met at the launch ramp!!

Notices

Guess who I met at the launch ramp!!

Old 07-24-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Guess who I met at the launch ramp!!

Keith Holmes from the Cat Can Do team!!

I was idling back to the Grand Haven ramp from Spring Lake, when I saw a Skater behind me. Naturally I took my boat out of gear so I could get a good look at the Skater! (32 w/ Sterling blower motors baaaaaaad!) Of course the wife burned up all the film taking pictures of the kids and some beach houses.

Anyways, I get to the ramp and haul my boat out and I run back to talk with the owner of the Skater. I'm talking with the owner, and I see Keith Holmes!! He was helping the owner dial in his ride. Keith asks me if the Laveycraft is my boat, and he compliments me on my boat, and asks me what I have for power!!!! OK I have a little 21 foot Laveycraft with a stock 7.4l MPI, and I have a guy complimenting me on my boat standing next to an awesome Skater w/ Sterling engines!!!

Keith gives me a business card, and tells me if I ever need any work done to give him a call!! I'm speechless!! I almost forgot to put the tie downs on the boat I was so excited!! I babbled all the way home about how cool Keith was and what an awesome Boat!! ( Wife and I proceeded to have a minor domestic about proper use of the camera, she won)

Keith, if you monitor this board, You made a little guy feel like a million bucks, thanks for taking time to talk to me!! You are a credit to your Sport.

Now I got to go buy my own camera!!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

Vern,
Keith is a great guy and I have talked to him several times. In fact, I took a tour of their shop and am having lots of work done on our boat at their shop (Baker Engineering/CK Motorsports)as we speak. They are pretty expensive but their quality of work is second to none from what I have seen. I will hopefully be able to tell you firsthand in a couple weeks! I know what you mean about being a small fish in a big lake and it's nice to have someone compliment you....especially after you find out that they are part of something so much bigger! I'm sure your Laveycraft is a head-turner!!!

Dave
Old 07-24-2002, 10:00 AM
Registered

Dave,

I would love to hear how your experience is with CK motorsports. Keith was really friendly and seemed as happy to talk about my boat as he was the Skater.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:14 AM
MIdnightRider

Dave- Please post your # or leave it with me on my voice mail, as I can not find the note I have it on. Ron from Manning said he did not look at the trailer as of yesterday, but would make a point to get to it today or tommorow. Same ol boating run around I know. But I will stay on him and let you know. Chad

Old 07-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Registered

MIdnight,
I called you twice and left voicemail messages about it! Thanks!

Vern,
I will update you with the progress with CK motorsports when the boat is complete. Completion date is the week of August 5! And yes....Keith is a nice guy and has a ton of boating knowledge!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's grate to find people that are jest down to earth and willing to talk to people about there boat. It sound like both of you have nice boats
Old 07-24-2002, 11:23 AM
Registered

MnHowardCat,

My boat is nice, the Skater was AWESOME!!! Keith and the owner said they were doing some testing....at 122mph!!! Excuse me, I have to wipe the drool from my face!
Old 07-24-2002, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Homer is really a Hoser

The next time you see Keith,ask him what was more fun,blowing over cat can do or running the grand bend poker run in his old thunder cat ahsta la veesta.Homer cut his boating teeth up here just north of Toronto where he was born and raised.We ran his active thunder cat in poker runs for a few years until the boat racing bug bit him too hard to stay.He up and moved to Michigan and there he met Barry.The rest as they say is history.Now the lucky bugger is racing super cat and I'm still here just drivin round the lake in my eliminator.
Tell him Sean said Hi.

I spent se:( :( :(