Notices

Buying on OSO

Old 04-14-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I've bought, sold and traded items from $free-$22,000 and 98% of the transactions have been smooth. i have meet a lot of cool people and made even more friends. i think this is a awesome site and i couldn't have my boat with out it. Randy im hoping the drive will be done soon ill call you as soon as it is.

Last edited by ridefast77; 04-14-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im glad oso is here for me to buy others old or unused parts . got burned twice in 7 years or so .. thanks to all and oso.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Randy good thread and I'm really glad your happy with your seats . I think the swap shop and classifieds on OSO is a great source to build a boat for pennies on the dollar . I've bought a few different items that the sellers shipped before I even sent payment . I call it my extended family . I think there has been a few bad apples over the years but we've weeded them out together . Rock On OSO !
Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thankfully I have had all good experiences both buying and selling with members here on OSO. Everyone I had a transaction with were all very nice to deal with.

JB
Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have purchased a LOT of stuff from guys on the board as well. I had one bad dealing with a guy over motors that eventually got worked out.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was actually thinking about this today. I have sold/bought a few things on here and actually listed something today. I was thinking about listing my stuff on craigslist as well but then you run the risk of the person on the other end of the transaction being a complete bonehead.

I am NOT claiming to be the sharpest tool in the shed by any stretch of imagination but dealing with other "do-it-yourselfers" who are knowledgeable, level headed and in most cases trying to keep a good reputation on this forum should not go unappreciated. That's what keeps me coming back, renewing membership etc. The amount of knowledge, expertise, opinions (good or bad) and people willing to take the time to maybe explain something to you in my opinion is worth way more than the nominal membership fee we pay. You can't duplicate this stuff anywhere else.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't forget to leave ratings on people you guys from... It seems like a lot of buyers and sellers don't do that. Only want to leave feedback when things go wrong.