Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1000 Island Poker Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29476-1000-island-poker-run.html)

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 11:02 AM

Gary,

Yes I am bringing the boat with me. We are putting in at Keewaydin State park Marina (just down from Alex bay). I too would love to enter it, but I am just going to be a spectator. I am going to be there from 8/22-8/26. If we could meet up somewhere that would be great (we can all get lost together). This weekend I hope to be out on the lake. As long as my boat is done, I am having the exhaust done this week. It should be done. I hope to finally meet you officially. I think Shane should come up to the real lake, that is if he isn't too scared!!! LOL. I would like to go to Lake George at least once this year, but I hear horror stories of being ticketed for loud exhaust/speeding. I don't know to what extent this holds true. I would like to go though if Shane can keep me out of trouble. I hope to see you this weekend Gary.

Later,

Chris (ET)

Shane 07-25-2002 11:53 AM

Chris,

Noise is a bigger issue than speed. If you have silent choice you will be fine, just shut teh thru hull exhaust off when coming in to shore. As far as speeding goes, just use your head. If you are not running 80 on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, down the middle of the lake through the sail boat races you are okay. You just need to pick and choose where and when you let it all hang out. I would love to have you guys up to my house. Let's try and make it happen. The weekend of August 9,10 and 11 there are vintage boat races in the village. You know, the old gold cup and hydro's? Maybe a gathering that weekend would be fun. What do you guys think?

GRH 07-25-2002 12:21 PM

SHANE I'd luv to come up that weekend!

ET - I'm trying to find someplce to stay in ALEXBAY.... where are you staying?

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 12:24 PM

Shane,

That sounds great. I would like to be on the lake with a boat instead of always on the ice with the sled. I'm up for it, and it would be great if we got a few more to join us. Thank you for the offer. That means we have to get you to Sacandaga. This weekend?

Chris

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 12:37 PM

Gary,

My girlfriend and I are staying on the boat at Keewaydin marina. It is not going to be an extravagant long weekend. I hope it is nice. It has a pool, showers, bathrooms etc. Nothing fancy but it gives me a place for the boat and puts me close to alot of the action (I hope). They have security on the docks and Shore power (not that I need it). For my boat it is $22.50 a night. Not bad and I think it will be a safe place for the boat. I am kind of picky about that. I understand you will be with your family, so I'm sure this doesn't help you much. I'm sure you will be staying at a much better place than I. Shane will be much more helpful than I. I'm sorry I couldn't help anymore, but I'm a newbie at alex bay myself. I have maps and travel guides to help me. I think we should take Shanes offer that weekend and get together on Lake George.

Chris

Shane 07-25-2002 01:45 PM

So what is going on this weekend? I don't really have any plans other than painting my gearcases Saturday. If I paint them Saturday do you think I can run them on Sunday? I am just wondering if teh paint will be hardened enough by then. Then are you guys up for coming for the races? let me check with the ole 'ady and see if she has any agenda. Usually she doesn't. I'll let you know shortly.

Shane

Shane 07-25-2002 01:50 PM

Have gotten the all clear! Wife is leaving for Colorado Sunday night. The parents are coming up for the race as well. Should be alot fun. We can work out the details next week. Looking forward to seeing you guys at the lake soon.

Shane:cool:

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 01:55 PM

Shane,

Depending on where you paint them (in garage, outdoors) they should be ready. They will dry alot faster inside out of the humidity (which it is going to be this weekend). Paint them early Saturday and come up to the lake on Sunday. Or just come up without the boat. My boat might be able to carry 4 people.;) Your welcome to ride with us. We can meet up with Gary. I will show you around the "Real Lake". Let me know what you think.

Chris

Shane 07-25-2002 02:11 PM

Chris,

I will PM you my phone numbers. Call me and we can formulate a plan. I was thinking that we can talk Sunday morning first thing. If they are dry I can bring the Skater if not, maybe hop on with you and Gary and bum a ride for the day;) For the races you guys can ride with me:D

GRH 07-25-2002 02:43 PM

SHANE - if you have a light.... put it on the gearcases.... it'll help it harden.... BTW.... gearcases are faster in primer then when painted..... paint never seems to stay on long anyway.... bring the boat.... launce at Edinburg Marine... $10 for the day includes parking.... nice easy launch there.... no wind & a dock.... if not...I'll PM you our camp #.... call Sunaday morn & I can give you directions to the camp.... 5 min. from Edinburg Marina.....

ET - your boat plane off with 4 aboard?:D ;)