Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   1000 Island Poker Run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29476-1000-island-poker-run.html)

Shane 07-25-2002 02:53 PM

With all the offers, not knowing the lake, and painting my drives Saturday, maybe hooking up with you guys Sunday late morning and bumming ride would be best (with fuel money in hand of course)! I will have to go from Lake George to Niskayuna first cuz we are dog sitting my parents yellow lab for a few days while they go to Canada. So I have to drop him off at our house first then shoot up to the "pond" uh, I mean Sacandaga.:p

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 02:58 PM

Gary,

It does slowly with the two in the back seat paddling. Shane I hope you can row fast.:D I also have a place five minutes from my house. It is the new State boat launch. BIG and beautiful launch and there is no charge. Great parking.

Shane 07-25-2002 03:01 PM

Chris,

State launch. Big and wide (like I prefer my women:eek: JK) Why don't we all touch base Saturday night? Did you get my PM?

GRH 07-25-2002 03:03 PM

SHANE - Chris is right about that new launch.... it great... but if you're towing from LG you'd have to drive half an hour past Edinburg to get to it.... If you're towing from Niskayuna.... The State ramp is closer....

ET - I have a paddle & I'm pretty fast....;)

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 03:07 PM

Shane,

I do have your numbers. I will call you tonight. Labs are great dogs. I have a black Lab. You have many options and whatever I can do to get you up there let me know. What do you think Gary, if he comes up he may want to sell his house on Lake George and find a place on Sacandaga!!!:D

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 03:13 PM

Shane,

Sounds good. I will call you.

Gary,

Don't you know, the men never paddle! The women are suppose to do that!:D :D I will Email you my numbers so we can get in touch.

Shane 07-25-2002 03:13 PM

Would you guys mind if I just rode along with one of you for my first time on the lake other than on a snowmobile? I would feel more comfortable not knowing the waters and such. I have to Niskayuna first to drop off mom and dads dog so where would be best to meet you guys? At the park? I will be contributing to the gas fund so please do not think I want a free ride. I have just heard so many horror stories about the stumps and shallow waters that I am a bit apprehensive until I get a littel acquainted if you know what I mean.

Shane 07-25-2002 03:15 PM

ET,
Call me tonight in Niskayuna. Tomorrow night I will be at the races in Malta helping out a buddy who is/was in the points lead in the 358 Modifieds.

EvilTwin 07-25-2002 03:32 PM

Shane,

If you are coming from Nisky, go right to my house. It is one of the first parts of the lake you will come too. You are more than welcome to ride with us. We can pick up Gary at his house. I found it a few weeks ago by boat. If that is alright with Gary. I will call you tonight. No money necessary.

Shane 07-25-2002 05:02 PM

ET,

THANKS! That sounds great. What time is good? I look forward to speaking with you tonight.

Shane:cool: