Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hey Everybody!! Ideas? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29483-hey-everybody-ideas.html)

Birch 07-24-2002 06:05 PM

Cashmoney hit it!!!

That's where I'm torn. An early 90's Formula caught my eye... as did a late 80's Bullet as did a 97 Checkmate... Grrrrr.....

All I know is that it's going to be fun doing more than 24 mph like I do in my Carver Convertible!! :D :D :D

FASTCATS 07-24-2002 06:55 PM

Hi Birch

We have a 97 232 Baja thats comming in on trade with 94 hours on it. We're giving him 26 for his trade and you can have it for that and I can email some pics if interested!

Scott

glassdave 07-24-2002 07:22 PM

whatever you get make sure its not somthing to overpowered. and also get some help learning how to drive at speed. it is an absolute blast but should not be taken lightly. get used to the speed an work your way up. :cool: :cool: :cool: your on the right track though. formula, cig , checkmate all good solid performers. probably should stay away from cats for now. dont know that going from a carver to a cat is such a good idea. well whatever you get be safe and you can lean offshoreonly for tips as there is alot of good people here that can help you out with just about anything.
:D :cool: :cool:

hey fastcats- do you have a full size pic of your avitar . . that looks like a cool shot, just wondering.

FASTCATS 07-24-2002 07:37 PM

Hey Glassdave

Yes I do! It's called "flying the flag"

Send me your email and I will send it to you.

Scott:D

Birch 07-25-2002 10:00 AM

GLASSDAVE

Believe me, I know what you mean. This isn't a jump in a throttle down kinda thing to do.

Some of my friends at the harbor have everything from 29 Outlaw w/ prochargers, 312 fastech, Top Gun's, Tigers and even a Rough Rider!! So I've had plenty of offers for lessons when I offically appease this addiction! :D

Time to go back to counting pennies and see how much more I have to save!!! :p

boomer 07-25-2002 10:03 AM

Talk to Jay on the board he 's got the itch and one hell of a determination. Which is what this sport/ hobby is all about.

Birch 07-25-2002 10:07 AM

FASTCATS

Whilest a Skater would be Tres chic, I would probally end up dead from the purchace, then dragged across the pond by my nardlings for spending so much money on a boat :D

Seriously though, thanks for the offer. Since I'm on Lake Michigan, I really don't want to go less then 27' (and I'm counting the beak for the Formulas!).

audacity 07-25-2002 10:24 AM

hummmmm ..............how about my boat???:D well it maybe a tad over 60k.

www.audacityracing.com

Cord 07-25-2002 10:36 AM

Re: FASTCATS

Originally posted by Birch
Since I'm on Lake Michigan, I really don't want to go less then 27' (and I'm counting the beak for the Formulas!).

Actually that would be a Fountain. Not important. I believe that Performance Marine in Oshkosh Wisconsin has a couple of boats that would fit your needs. I know that I saw a 30' Eliminator V-bottom that look real nice. It has a single so it could be close on your budget. I think he also has a 27' Fountain and proably some others available.

Flyinbrian 07-25-2002 10:37 AM

Many options at that price range.

Before buying anything, take a ride and drive as many different boats as possible.
I personally agree with what someone stated above about Skaters, but a Skater is not for everyone. Do you want a cuddy? Something you could overnight in? Etc.
They all have their positives and negatives, take your time and find the one that suits you best.