Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Did you try a Swipe Mike?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I use Goof Off http://www.homedepot.com/p/Goof-Off-...G654/100671841 for the really stubborn stains/scuffs that won't come off with the Simple Green or Magic Eraser ect... But, the same as all other strong chemical cleaners, don't use much of it and don't leave it on the vinyl, just put a small amt. on a small white micro-cloth and wipe the stain out. Immediately follow-up with some type of vinyl protectant to re-moisturize and condition your vinyl so it doesn't dry-out and crack. I use Meguiar's. If there is any residual stain left, like everyone else said... the SUN will finish it off. Good Luck!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:19 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I have never tried it, but I have been told shaving cream will help fade a stain in direct sunlight. As far as soft scrub...wouldnt be my first choice as the abrasive can dull the naugahide. Alcohol would be my first choice as a solvent...I know hair spray can take out ink stains in jeans and just may be what is in the shaving cream. I have taken logos off of snowmobile seats with acetone but that is scary to work with!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4mulafastech
+1

My sister-in-law sat in my Talon with a new, unwashed, red swimsuit. Had a major red stain on my white rear seat and nothing would get it out. Couple days in direct sun and all was gone.
I've been to this bbq before only a black sundress was the culprit. When the darkness finally dissappeared I assumed it was the residual bleech and soap that took a bit of time to work.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like if all these fail you need to change the cause to a few hookers and a wild night of partying! damage on the boat always seemed to be more acceptable when there is a good story behind it! Unfortunately it seems like everyone has one of these damn stories about the idiots crossing the back and damaging the boat.

Good luck and don't forget to post your results. I have a few I need to try to get out as well.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Google 'mineral spirits to clean vinyl'. My upholstery guy told me about using it.
ed
Old 04-20-2013, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://naturalchemistry.com/Pool_amp...d_Perfect.html
Old 04-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have real good results using vinyl from Spradling International with Permaguard Stain coating. Every customer that I wright their name in ball point pen on the old vinyl and a sample of the new with Permaguard is sold immediately on the stuff when I wipe it clean with alcohol. Watch the video:

http://vimeo.com/49766650
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had luck using white gas (Coleman Fuel)
Old 04-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sun is the way to go, I had a black hat that got wet and left a black mark in the white vinyl. I tried every chemical I know of nothing worked. A week in the sun it was gone. Another friend had black party streamers on his boat and they got wet and left black marks all over his interior I told him to let the sun get it out. They disappered within a week. Good Luck