Catagory 5 Shootout/Poker run/SBI races in Biloxi April 26th-28th >

Catagory 5 Shootout/Poker run/SBI races in Biloxi April 26th-28th

Notices

Catagory 5 Shootout/Poker run/SBI races in Biloxi April 26th-28th

Old 05-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
You are lucky you didnt blow over looking at that pic.
Havasu had 35 in the shootout.The DCB with 1350s ran 161.
Next year maybe these 2 events will be staggered -that way you guys can hit both.
It came up very quick. There was a seawall with a break in it at the end of the course. The wind was gusting and blowing right through that gap. As soon as the boat reached that opening, the nose headed straight for the sky. It really caught me by surprise. I was bumping the trim down as fast as I could, but the nose kept coming up. I finally had to burp the throttle. I didn't want to just lift for fear that it would drop the transom and increase the angle of attack. I left off the throttle for just a second and then smashed to to the dashboard. That got the boat to settle down so I could then slow down easily. It got pretty high, but never really felt like it wanted to go over.

I would love to make both. I was supposed to be in Havasu, but the boat I was going to run just wasn't finished soon enough. We will be there next year.
Eddie
Old 05-03-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pictures & Times are posted on www.gcoffshore.com
http://www.gcoffshore.com/gco_files/...ut/page_01.htm
Pretty exciting day & Congrats to all participants - great job Jeremy for helping organize the event