Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fastest Stepped Bottom Design???? >

Fastest Stepped Bottom Design????

Notices

Fastest Stepped Bottom Design????

Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Fountain that set the record was a 42' It was one of there race boats of the time, It was 9500 lbs the day it set the record. It had 1500 sterlings. The same power the outerlimits was running.Yes the record will be beat at some point and it will be a outerlimits that will beat it. There hulls come in about 2000lbs less that a 10 year old fountain. and mercury power has come a long way.All outerlimits needs is someone willing to spend the money to beat the record.As they and Fountain both had in 2004
Old 05-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
The Fountain that set the record was a 42'
Correct ... I have modified my post accordingly.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Banned

The new outerlimits vee being built with mercs new 1650 is expected to run in the 180's . There will be a new record soon
Old 05-06-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered

Racewater:

I'm not one of those guys who idols Fountains, far from it. I just appreciated it's rough water capabilities for its size, don't get me wrong. I like all powerboats as all have their own special attributes. I admire how well the fountain's hull performed in the races I saw given the age of the design. Im sure that if they stayed in the business, things could have gone even better. I believe that outerlimits have the best looking boats out there period, and lets face it are pretty damn fast and efficient too.

I walked by the Silverhook several times when she was in Malta and the boat looked revolutionary. I remember the exhausts pointing down in the stern. I couldn't agree more. Since it is a new boat with significant hull changes, it will take loads of time to dial her in and I have no doubt that she has a great future ahead of her. I'll be heading to Key West in November to see some great racing. Will Miles Jennings be piloting the Silverhook?
Old 05-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Racewater;3919374][COLOR="Navy"]
Hi BEP078,
Yes, SilverHook is a longer boat and the bustle adds to the affect. I can tell you are a Fountain fan and agree that Frank and Pierre raced the crap out of that boat and Nico did a great job on the setup.

Please don,t mind asking ,but which Nico did you mentioned here ?

Thx A.J
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Trumascape
The new outerlimits vee being built with mercs new 1650 is expected to run in the 180's . There will be a new record soon
Just to stir the pot, i heard there's a 42 fountain with big power going for the 200 mark.......
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racewater
Please don,t mind asking ,but which Nico did you mentioned here ?
Thx A.J
Hi A.J.
Nico Van Akelyen from Belgium was crew chief for #33 Furnibo and he had those Mercury engines smoking fast. http://www.merc-racing.com/contact/
Janet
Old 05-07-2013, 12:34 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Racewater
Hi A.J.
Nico Van Akelyen from Belgium was crew chief for #33 Furnibo and he had those Mercury engines smoking fast. http://www.merc-racing.com/contact/
Janet
Hello Janet

Oke ,I knew he was Tech Manager ,but Didn,t know he did the set up from the boat ..and there,s another Nico (Bernico) that builds raceboats in Belgium ,so my thought was first that Bernico was involved in the set up.

A.J
Old 05-07-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stirling
Hello Janet

Oke ,I knew he was Tech Manager ,but Didn,t know he did the set up from the boat ..and there,s another Nico (Bernico) that builds raceboats in Belgium ,so my thought was first that Bernico was involved in the set up.

A.J
Hi A.J.
Well I'm pretty sure that Nico Van Akelyen was involved with setup (since he was at every race) but the guys in the boat would probably make the final decision. There was frequent contact with Craig Wilson too.
BTW Nico Bertels (Bernico) was with our team in 2010 and he is fantastic too. I'm looking forward to seeing how his new Bernico 42 Leverage performs.
Janet