If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Coldwater Mi

Coldwater Mi

Is there anywhere to boat in the coldwater aera. 32 sunsation or jujst go to grand haven

Charter Member #818 Charter Member MACDAD260's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '93 Baja 260/502 Mag
    West Michigan & Higgins Lake
    Grand Haven for sure.

My Boats:
    1989 18.5 ft XLT powerplay
    On the river
    the only thing boat related in coldwater is a Hilabrands salvage place.. they have old junk boats.. lots of outboards and two big mean doberman's with there names shaved in the side of them

go to the west side of michigan, you will love it.. I have only been there once and it was unbeleivable, the scenery is gorgeous...

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    There are a couple of lakes in Coldwater. And I know some guys put some pretty big boats in them (I believe they are connected by a river or canal). But nothing as big as a 32 Sunsation.

Come on over to the West side. We'll show you around!!!!! Awsome dunes, beautiful towns and ports, and some of the best boating I have ever done.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

My Boats:
    1998 BAJA 33 OUTLAW 13ft Whaler with a 40
    ann arbor mi
    All the lakes around Coldwater are pretty small.There are a lot of fast jets,vdrives,outboards etc.. but you would be wasting your time with that size boat in that country.

Charter Member #655 Charter Member dyno's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Sonic 31ss
    Holland, Michigan
    head for the west coast and dont turn back!!!!!!
    If your boat has a sail do you ride a horse to the ramp?

Holy Smokes!!!!! I just stayed on Coldwater Lake last night!! 7 lakes connected by channels. Coldwater LAke is the biggest. Not sure what kind of boating you want, but a 32 is enormous for that lake. There is plenty of room to lay into the throttle, but it is an inland lake and you get to the other side rather quickly. Nice sand bar, resturant and marina. Not sure what the local law thinks about offshore boats on their lake, but I have had my 24 OUtlaw up there and it will visit again this year in order to calm down the natives who think that 65 mph in a small block Caravelle is high speed ( I know, I know..... I used to be one of those guys as well ).

If you go, put in at Coldwater LAke Marina, deepest ramp. Doubt you will get afloat on the public ramps. 30 ft. Wellcraft is the biggest I have seen, other than that the biggest boats are usually mid 20's.

Travis, you are right about Hildebrands, he has all sorts of crap laying around, especially old sleds. It's like a freakin' graveyard!!