Subs, sides or under bench? >

Subs, sides or under bench?

Notices

Subs, sides or under bench?

Old 04-26-2013, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs, sides or under bench?

I have two 10" infinite baffle subs and am not sure where to install them. If I install them under my bench do I enclose them or do you use the engine compartment as the encloser? I seem to see more people installing them in the side panels? Is it all preference or does one way work better? Not looking for competition sound, just better. Any direction would be great, Txs
Old 04-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by gttdnbman
I have two 10" infinite baffle subs and am not sure where to install them. If I install them under my bench do I enclose them or do you use the engine compartment as the encloser? I seem to see more people installing them in the side panels? Is it all preference or does one way work better? Not looking for competition sound, just better. Any direction would be great, Txs
i like the sides because you loose alot of ez access storage,the only speaker i would put under the bench is a 6x9 or a 8'' round..i like 12's on the sides and 1 15'' in the cabin for the deep low base..i set the 12's betweer 80 and 120 hz and the 15 at 50 to 80 hz depending on the song..
Old 04-27-2013, 12:39 AM
Registered

in the back bench enclosed firing into the engine compartment, then baffle or port them into the main cabin
Old 04-27-2013, 06:19 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Both!

Also make sure whatever you install them on is rigid. If the panel flexes at all the woofer frame will move it and you will lose a lot of bass. some 1" marine grade plywood will do the trick. Happened to me with my 10" JL's, also if they are IB subs you shouldn't enclose them unless the specs say otherwise.

As far as which is better I think both will work equally well just personal preference where you want to put them, the point about not losing storage space is a good one. IMO.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Boat speakers

I just replaced the speakers in my Kachina yesterday.The Pioneer speakers that were in there were nothing to talk about but it worked, the subs under the seat have sealed boxes that are only about 8" deep so they don't take a lot of room. The speakers I used were for my Eliminator project but I got ansy & wanted to hear them. 6 Rockford Fosgate M262s & 2 M210S4 subs with the original Pioneer 800 & 600 watt amps. OMG what a difference! I still need to tune the amps but the sound is incredible. These speakers are not very expensive & light weight I would highly recommend them. Randy BTW the wife could FEEL the bass in the house 100' away from the boat
Attached Thumbnails Subs, sides or under bench?-rockord-fosgate-rocks-kachina-001.jpg   Subs, sides or under bench?-rockord-fosgate-rocks-kachina-002.jpg   Subs, sides or under bench?-rockord-fosgate-rocks-kachina-003.jpg  

Subs, sides or under bench?-rockord-fosgate-rocks-kachina-004.jpg   Subs, sides or under bench?-rockord-fosgate-rocks-kachina-005.jpg  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine 12"s are on the sides behind my bolster stands due to storage and safety from someone's foot.last boat they were in the back seat and they made the hinge vibrate like crazy.