Old 04-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep...
Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Yea, and thanks them the rest of us have insurance rates go through the roof...

Not speaking specifically to this accident because then again who knows what actually happened. Since for some weird reason no one seems to have any info on this particular incident but the DCB thread is how many pages long? Cig's have always been a handful to turn at speed, at least the stepped versions...imho...

Last edited by WildThing47; 04-28-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Not starting any speculations or rumors but this is what I grabbed off of another site.

"O.K,This is the story one of there group told me.The dad let his son take out the 42' Top Gun.The dad was on the beach watching and the kid lost his hat and made a sharp left turn.The rest is history.Someone is getting a ass kicking tonight.All kidding aside,No one was hurt,that is all that matters!!!"
Old 04-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Wildthing I don't think it fair to single out the Cigarette brand of boats as being difficult to turn at speed , least we forget what happened at the Smoke on the water poker run a number of years ago. I don't beleive that was a Cigarette that rolled that day . I remember reading some where by one of the more experienced boat racers ( like JT or Teague not sure) that they felt step boats in general should be reserved for the race community and not the pleasure boater. I think who ever said that may have been on to something.
Boater error( inexperience) is more likely the cause of most V boat roll overs that hull design. Most peforamnce pleasure boaters probably don't have enough seat time to push a step bottom hull to its limit. That why dispite the fact I have been boating since I was 14 I prefer a straight bottom hull , there is just more margin for error in my humble opinion.
RG.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Rick G
Wildthing I don't think it fair to single out the Cigarette brand of boats as being difficult to turn at speed , least we forget what happened at the Smoke on the water poker run a number of years ago. I don't beleive that was a Cigarette that rolled that day . I remember reading some where by one of the more experienced boat racers ( like JT or Teague not sure) that they felt step boats in general should be reserved for the race community and not the pleasure boater. I think who ever said that may have been on to something.
Boater error( inexperience) is more likely the cause of most V boat roll overs that hull design. Most peforamnce pleasure boaters probably don't have enough seat time to push a step bottom hull to its limit. That why dispite the fact I have been boating since I was 14 I prefer a straight bottom hull , there is just more margin for error in my humble opinion.
RG.
That was inexperience as well. Agreed, well put.

If that is the case of what happened, over a hat? He's lucky he didn't kill everyone in the boat. That's ridiculous, not to mention, that is careless and negligent for the father to even do that. The kid is an idiot, a sharp turn for a *ucking hat? That just irritates me to no end.
Old 04-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Deltarat
Not starting any speculations or rumors but this is what I grabbed off of another site.

"O.K,This is the story one of there group told me.The dad let his son take out the 42' Top Gun.The dad was on the beach watching and the kid lost his hat and made a sharp left turn.The rest is history.Someone is getting a ass kicking tonight.All kidding aside,No one was hurt,that is all that matters!!!"
Just curious, How old was the son?
Old 04-28-2013, 12:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Must of been a Herring hat
Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Likefastboats
Just curious, How old was the son?
I have no idea, that was all that was posted
Old 04-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

next post

Last edited by tcwcar; 04-28-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:13 PM
Joe
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Rick G;3914612]Wildthing I don't think it fair to single out the Cigarette brand of boats as being difficult to turn at speed , least we forget what happened at the Smoke on the water poker run a number of years ago. I don't believe that was a Cigarette that rolled that day . I remember reading some where by one of the more experienced boat racers ( like JT or Teague not sure) that they felt step boats in general should be reserved for the race community and not the pleasure boater. I think who ever said that may have been on to something.
Boater error( inexperience) is more likely the cause of most V boat roll overs that hull design. Most peforamnce pleasure boaters probably don't have enough seat time to push a step bottom hull to its limit. That why dispute the fact I have been boating since I was 14 I prefer a straight bottom hull , there is just more margin for error in my humble opinion.
RG.[/

Your right its not just Cigs, was at a Poker Run last sept. and it was a Outer limits, got the pics to prove it, everybody was tossed out of the boat can't remember if it was a sharp turn or wake, driver wasn't were lanards boat was still running, I think the boat was coming back around to run everyone over and another boat rammed it to stop it...I believe 98% of they accidents are driver error...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.