If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Used boat sales

My Boats:
    boatless... with money in the bank!!
    sold my boat in one week!! just rolled down to shooters w/ some talent on board and wham... how much could i get one of those for?! ( the boat, not the girls i think?)... 34k sold!... thing is it looksas good as all the 100k to 175k boats to the newbies

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Shooter, I sold my 1994 290 Powerquest this spring using only the OSO classifieds. I was asking $45,000 and got $38,000. I was happy, most were only giving me $32,000-$33,000 on trade. It is loaded and had 400 hours on it. I am not sure add ons help that much and its very important for the buyer to see the boat if you want any kind of premium.

jb, I am also concerned about resale, but with something like a boat, its a crap shoot at best. It's a purely luxury item that tends to depreciate faster when the economy is bad. The high end stuff is where I think it really gets risky. Not a real big market for $200,000+ boats period, let alone a used one. A lot of people in this catagory want to make a statement and finding a used boat that makes "their" statement makes selling them used even tougher.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234