Notices

Ok, who knows this guy...

Old 05-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Chevy-Harley fan
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's on Velocity today @ 3:00. Think it has a segment on the Ilmor powered Formula 353. The scenery looks nice...
Old 05-03-2013, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasVines
unfortunately I think this show will be terrible

it looks like a guy going around and basically doing advertisements for various "thrill" companies which means it will be the cheesiest of the cheese and it will not show anyone looking to really air something out or to take a chance and it will be the people operating the "thrill" companies putting on a lame show to try and attract tourist dollars

I think we can look forward to seeing the "cat boat" with the 20 passenger seating going 70mph across smooth bay, fishing 10 miles "off shore", "high performance" Clorox bottle "jet boats" with wave runner engines (shout out to the new Scarab) and other crap like that all wrapped up in a not so subtle infomercial format

and after watching the promo again I forgot to include it will feature all of the 100% must miss, over priced, horrible food and terrible service tourist restaurants and clubs for you to waste time and cash on instead of doing your homework and finding somewhere decent to go to instead

nothing against the guys making the show or on it if someone told me they would foot the bill for me to go around wasting money and doing touristy stuff and pay me I would be all over it, but I will not be entertained watching it or suckered into going to most of the places mentioned
You sound like a real downer. Come on, give it a chance. Its Anthony Bourdain on the water.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
You sound like a real downer. Come on, give it a chance. Its Anthony Bourdain on the water.
I find tony bourdain borish at best.....once I realized his whole thing was just eating weird stuff I was out....I would rather watch the bald headed guy Andrew Zimmern at least he has a personality that is more entertaining than a rock...and tony B has this air about him like I am suppose to think he is special or amazing because he is willing to eat crap that would freak most people out while Andrew Zimmern understands that he is doing something strange and that most will never give that a try and often he admits it is just terrible as well and you should not want to try it

I will give tony B credit though at least he does go to out of the way places and off the beaten path....this boat show looks like they are staying right on the beaten path.....I mean really jet skis and kayaks and restaurants packed to the gills with people asses to elbows

kayaks can be fun in the right places (if you are the one out there actually doing it), but riding a sit down jet ski loses the thrill after about 2 minutes (how many 360s can you really do before the fun is over, but a stand up jet ski is a whole different thing) and I can't imaging watching others do it on TV
Old 05-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Registered

Just got word of this thread and thank you to anyone participating. Should begin by clarifying a few things. The website is out of date. The show was originally headed to NBC Sports (when it was Versus) but they wanted us to make it about competition and we wanted to make a show that every boater would enjoy. Velocity Channel is owned by Discovery and that is our new home. We were supposed to launch this July but the network really liked the show and pushed it up to start today! A new teaser will be going on the website soon.

Each episode the host gets a new boat and a new destination to explore. It is far from an infomercial, though we do try to give the boats some nice coverage. Every episode has different types of activities and some really great stories about the people we meet along the way. We have been working very hard to try and bring a quality show. Lots of aerial action and even some stunts. This is not lifestyles of the rich and famous or reality tv. I regret that teaser is still online but we have been consumed by getting the show to Discovery. 4 episodes have been delivered so far.

We welcome all feedback and really want your opinion of the show once you have seen it. You can post here or contact us through the website. The first episode airs today at 3pm (Eastern Standard Time) and again at 9:30am on Sunday. Velocity is available on DirecTV channel 281, Dish 364 and most cable providers. You can check velocity.discovery.com "channel finder" to find it in your area. Velocity is an all-HD network so if you don't have an HD box you won't be able to see it (yet).
Old 05-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MakingWavesTV
Just got word of this thread and thank you to anyone participating. Should begin by clarifying a few things. The website is out of date. The show was originally headed to NBC Sports (when it was Versus) but they wanted us to make it about competition and we wanted to make a show that every boater would enjoy. Velocity Channel is owned by Discovery and that is our new home. We were supposed to launch this July but the network really liked the show and pushed it up to start today! A new teaser will be going on the website soon.

Each episode the host gets a new boat and a new destination to explore. It is far from an infomercial, though we do try to give the boats some nice coverage. Every episode has different types of activities and some really great stories about the people we meet along the way. We have been working very hard to try and bring a quality show. Lots of aerial action and even some stunts. This is not lifestyles of the rich and famous or reality tv. I regret that teaser is still online but we have been consumed by getting the show to Discovery. 4 episodes have been delivered so far.

We welcome all feedback and really want your opinion of the show once you have seen it. You can post here or contact us through the website. The first episode airs today at 3pm (Eastern Standard Time) and again at 9:30am on Sunday. Velocity is available on DirecTV channel 281, Dish 364 and most cable providers. You can check velocity.discovery.com "channel finder" to find it in your area. Velocity is an all-HD network so if you don't have an HD box you won't be able to see it (yet).
Thank you for coming on the board (Welcome) and explaining the show a bit better. Based on your explination I will set the DVR to record. Based on the video I saw on the website, I would not have...... Will check it out this evening on the DVR.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MakingWavesTV

just to be clear even though what I said above was probably not all that nice or positive I wish no failure on you and I hope you make a mint and I hope I am pleasantly surprised by what I see.....if someone offered be the chance to do it even in a travel channel fashion (as the promo looks and feels to me and that is not a positive) I would do it in an instant because of course I would be the one having the fun

clearly you seem to understand the promo has a travel channel feel and you clearly don't seem to like that....so I give you credit for that....I also give you credit for declining the "competition" aspect that just sounds stupid (amazing race meets survivor meets travel channel = terrible)

if it was me and if you want my feed back I would say try and get into some of the boat manufacturers and riggers and get behind the scenes....I know for a fact that on a different boat forum than this one people eat up the photos of boats being laid up and built and fitted and they oh and ah endlessly each time a new build starts at the various builders of performance and CC fishing boats and they love looking a the rigging taking place as well

I would resit the temptation to have a cute face unless she (or he for those that go that route) can really back it up.....no one wants to see rachel ray giggle and squirm as a boat hits a 1 foot chop....ok well I might want to see that for a few minutes, but once I have a screen capture in my "spank bank" the thrill is gone for the remainder of the show and I am tuned out.....I would rather see 4 toothless guys in wife beaters chain smoking and bringing in huge fish after a realistic fight than see some cutie haul in a 5 pound speck or red fish and then act all "tuckered out"

it is like the difference between top gear UK and the top crap USA....in the UK show you are thinking damn that could have killed them (and the hampster did wreck a dragster) while in the USA version you are watching 3 guys go through the motions of poor product placement and cheesy set up and staged "events"

please go towards the UK version of doing things not the USA version

thanks for listening and I hope you have fun and cash in even if I am not a viewer long term, but I am going to definitely give it a chance based on your above post and the fact that you have recognized what I see as some "issues" with that promo and how it comes off
Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

"spank bank" and " would rather see 4 toothless guys in wife beaters chain smoking and bringing in huge fish " I just got a terrible image of a guy sitting infront of the TV watching a fishing torney with a washcloth in one hand and ............. Nevermind
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Registered

low_psi and TexasVines, thank you for the feedback. Please let us know what you think after you see it. Today's episode was the first one shot (back in January) and we continue to work on getting better with every episode. The show does have a little travel feel but it's also got a whole lot of other aspects as well. There is even a little cooking in episode 1 for a specific reason (but no cooking in episode 2,3,4). TexasVines, thanks, now I need to get that Rachael Ray image out of my head. And yes, you will even see some construction of boats along the way in some episodes. We hope that everyone will find something about the show that makes them come back every week. Looking forward to everyones feedback and thanks for letting us be part of the conversation.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Good for Making Waves!

There isn't much of anything out there for our sport/hobby. Every once and a while you'll see one boat in a review for an entire 37 seconds.

When was the last time anyone put effort into putting together a series about boating?

Just don't let it end up like Gears where you can never follow the story or keep up with the projects. All I want is to finally see the SLC finished.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownLPX
Good for Making Waves!

There isn't much of anything out there for our sport/hobby. Every once and a while you'll see one boat in a review for an entire 37 seconds.

When was the last time anyone put effort into putting together a series about boating?

Just don't let it end up like Gears where you can never follow the story or keep up with the projects. All I want is to finally see the SLC finished.
Agreed. gears is going in way to many directions, none of which are any good. The SLC will end up just like the monster military truck (forgot the name of that project).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.