Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How you use your Vacation Time at work?? >

How you use your Vacation Time at work??

Notices

How you use your Vacation Time at work??

Old 05-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How you use your Vacation Time at work??

So with summer coming up, I have 2 weeks(10days) vacation and 5 personal days... I would like to be on the water as much as possible like most of you. But just curious how you guys would spend your vacation time. Like splitting it up to have every Friday off in June, July and august... or do the regular week off? For me it would be 2 weeks off then. My fiance and I have no plans going anywhere exotic or any extend stay because our honeymoon wont be til next April and my vacation time re-charges in February.

So how would you guys use the vacation time? Summer comes and goes so fast!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

If you have no planned vacations... take the fridays off. I would.

Just my .02

Must be nice having 2+ weeks off a year
Old 05-03-2013, 10:07 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Vacations, HA, must be nice, all I get is long weekends.... Actually, good for you, And I would also do the 3 day weekend thing, since that is all I have had in the last 4-5 years!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jackdonz
If you have no planned vacations... take the fridays off. I would.

Just my .02

Must be nice having 2+ weeks off a year
Thats what I do. Every other week i take either friday or thursday friday off. For example, week 1: Friday off, week 2(no vacation) week 3: Thursday and Friday week 4: nothing, week 5: Friday week 6 : thursday friday. Also on July 4th and memorial day we have 2 days weekdays off so I take 3 PTO days... so thursday friday is holiday, i take monday-wednesday and i technically get a 10 day stretch for taking 3 days off. I get 25 PTO days a year though............
Old 05-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Thats what I do. Every other week i take either friday or thursday friday off. For example, week 1: Friday off, week 2(no vacation) week 3: Thursday and Friday week 4: nothing, week 5: Friday week 6 : thursday friday. Also on July 4th and memorial day we have 2 days weekdays off so I take 3 PTO days... so thursday friday is holiday, i take monday-wednesday and i technically get a 10 day stretch for taking 3 days off. I get 25 PTO days a year though............
Wow... 25?? thats nice!

But also I can figure... if its going to be a crappy weekend weather I can always just scratch off that Friday and just work and put that vacat day to an Thursday or something. Well... I suppose Ill be turning my vacation time today then! Come on Summer!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

I get 4 weeks a year and leverage most of that time for long weekends at the lake or a full week when family comes into town. Nothing better than using that time to enjoy the water!
Old 05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Registered

Fridays and Mondays off here during the summer. I have 21 days this year and they only let us use vacation from april/may-ish until late August/early September. This is our off season when we rebuild our factory that will run 24/7 from the start of harvest till we slice the last sugar beet.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Registered

I get 33 days a yr and usually try to take A week off at Memorial Day, long weekends for the 4th and Labor Day, with as many Fridays or Mondays mixed in when I can. That usually gives me enough time for in-laws and my family over Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I take two weeks off right before Labor Day every year. Spend half of it in Orlando (Disney) then the other half on a cruise (this year the second half is at Atlantis in Nassau). Then we return just in tim for Labor Day weekend. Nice to just get away for 2 weeks and forget the daily BS. But man at the end of that two week it is tuff to get back into the swing of things..
Old 05-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

get 4 weeks plus 2 weeks sick. Probably actually sick maybe once or twice a year, use probably another 5-7 days for doctors visits, and days where I just need to get stuff done, summer I dont use them, because getting caught out on the boat, sick, etc would be a bad idea, small community here.

I dont normally take whole weeks off for the summer, I use whole weeks for real vacations normally. But I typically take days on fridays monday, around holidays etc to extend a weekend. If you look at the calender and plan it out you can maximize it, ie this year if you take friday off after the 4th, you get 4 days off for the price of 1. I usually do things like that.

But our leave doesnt go away every year, you have to rack up 6 weeks worth, so some years there is no necessity to just burn it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.