Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do the majority of Poker Run Incidents happen on Lakes? >

Do the majority of Poker Run Incidents happen on Lakes?

Notices

Do the majority of Poker Run Incidents happen on Lakes?

Old 05-05-2013, 01:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 902 Posts

I'm pretty sure the LOTO Fountain accident was doing the official Shootout Poker Run on Friday. That is why they had the TV crew with them filming the incident.
Somebody first thought they were doing the "unofficial" run that happens every year leaving Dog Days. They were not doing that run.

Originally Posted by 314joey
I've been boating for over thirty years and I've never seen anything like it was leaving the Shootout last year at LOTO, at the end of the day when it started raining with hundreds of boats getting up and running there were 6'-7' rollers, the whole way from the 31MM to our house at the 23MM we could barely keep my Formula on plane and had water coming over the bow, it sucked.

But there were still idiots screamin' by us WOT, I've got video of some of these stupids, we couldn't believe it.
That was by far the roughest, and most screwed up water I have ever been in at LOTO. It is the only time we have ever gotten completely drenched with water riding in our boat.
Consistent 4-5's from all directions with the occasional 6-7' hole.
Attached Thumbnails Do the majority of Poker Run Incidents happen on Lakes?-2012-shootout.jpg  

Last edited by Griff; 05-05-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
I'm pretty sure the LOTO Fountain accident was doing the official Shootout Poker Run on Friday. That is why they had the TV crew with them filming the incident.
Somebody first thought they were doing the "unofficial" run that happens every year leaving Dog Days. They were not doing that run.

That was by far the roughest, and most screwed up water I have ever been in at LOTO. It is the only time we have ever gotten completely drenched with water riding in our boat.
Consistent 4-5's from all directions with the occasional 6-7' hole.
It didn't happen on the poker run because I would have seen it as I was on that poker run and left in the 5th group.