Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1 >

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1

Notices

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1

Old 05-03-2013, 11:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1

I had the unfortunate situation last October 2012 where a young kid driving way too fast thru a 90 degree bend in the highway, found himself in my lane as I was puling my boat thru the same bend......... on my way to my mechanic for a pre-winter PM!
He corrected at the Nth second.....but not good enough!!
His VW Passat head on collided with my Vanguard Trailer wheel well and took out 2 of my 3 axles. (Believe it or not, I was still able to limp it down and back it into my mechanic Jimmy Raymond's shop, which is about 400 yards from the accident scene.) The kids VW was TOTALED!!
After quick inspection of my boat at the accident scene, There appeared to be no damage to the hull and paint..........but after we wiped all the rain droplets off her.....I got very sick to my stomach.....the kids left front custom aluminum rim exploded upon impact, and in schrapnelized pieces, sprayed the side of my girl...here are the B4 pics......
Attached Thumbnails Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-014.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-2012-10-19_11-54-55_354.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-015.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-016.jpg  

Last edited by Filtrman; 05-04-2013 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! I can't say that I have ever seen a wheel turn into a grenade like that..... But it does make sense with the brittle and porous nature of a cast aluminum wheel. Guessing it had to have been a cheap cast aftermarket wheel. I don't think a quality forged or even a quality cast wheel would do that...

Last edited by low_psi; 05-04-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:35 AM
Registered

After much reassurance from Joe Schaldenbrand, John McKosky (aka:Scagburner....John , I appologize if I misspelled your last name) and the man himself......Mitcher T.....I was feeling MUCH better!!
After a rough start, the kids Insurance carrier, Nationwide was extremely accomodating, and empathetic to entire situation. (I was impressed with their sense of urgency and it helped minimize the BS)
Mitch quoted them a price to fly himself and a helper..... in his personal plane... to me in Syracuse NY, to fix my baby......for a price that , I'm VERY confident, was MUCH lower than they anticipated!! Here are the pics of his visit from Sunday April 14th thru Wednesday April 17th.......
Mitch and his hillarious side kick Tim were on their way....
What a great time we had those 2 1/2 days and 3 nights!!
It's not every day you have MITCHER T in town to bring your baby back to NEW Condition!!
Oh.......and I had him Trick my brand new Pheonix Trailer Nationwide hooked me up with to match SSR#1
Here are the pics.....
Old 05-04-2013, 01:00 AM
Registered

Day 1
Attached Thumbnails Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2350.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2351.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2352.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2353.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2354.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2355.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2356.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2357.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2358.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2359.jpg  
Old 05-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Registered

.jj
Attached Thumbnails Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2360.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2361.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2362.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2363.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2364.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2365.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2366.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2367.jpg   Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2368.jpg  

Mitcher T comes to the 'Cuse to refresh and repair SSR#1-dscn2369.jpg  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Registered

I can't believe the kid is still alive! Mitcher T is the man! Boats looking good Mike. Hope all is well
Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looking good Mike. Mitcher's talent is amazing!
Old 05-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just thinking about this the other day. I’m glad you have it under control. Mitch does amazing work – I’ve seen several boats that he’s touched up and there are NO signs if the work. How did the trailer turn out?

Let me know your Poker Run schedule. I need to get my summer plans worked out and would like to hook up for a run or two!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

Looks great,Mitcher T is the man.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Mike, Sorry to hear of this but great that you got the boat repaired.

Mitch told me he was going to be back in the neighborhood, he flew over last fall and touched up a couple of his favorite Fountains- doing a great job as well !

Hope to see you on the water soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.