Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Launching in Kingston, Ontario (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29575-launching-kingston-ontario.html)

Wild Horses 07-25-2002 03:44 PM

Launching in Kingston, Ontario

Guess I should have asked this in my previous post.

Where can one launch near downtown Kingston where it will be safe to leave a vehicle and trailer for a couple of days? Free is always preferred, but not always the safest. :rolleyes:

Wild Horses 07-26-2002 09:00 AM

moving this back to the top

Team V 07-26-2002 09:44 AM

I'm not sure about a Kingston launch.

Gananoque isn't too far away and I know they have a nice launch.

24Switzer 07-26-2002 04:22 PM

Rideau Marina

Rideau Marina is about a 10 min drive from downtown Kingston and about the same by boat.

Go accross the Lasalle Bridge, left on Hwy 15 and look for the signs, the marina is on the left but you can't see it from the hwy.

pullmytrigger 07-26-2002 09:07 PM

Ive used Rideau marina a couple of times,the first time with my 201 Lberator, no problem, the last time I BARELY got my 29 Fountain in there, inches to spare on each side of the trailer, it is at the bottom of a huge hill, you NEED 4 wheel drive. Apparently the place to go is the ramp beside the Kingston Penn, thats where "all the Poker Run guys go" according to one local, (I knew there had tto be a better place than Rideau)although Ive never seen the ramp we did drive by a very nice looking Marina/Yachtclub right beside the Penn, anybody in Kingston can tell you how to get to the Penn, its also listed on any map or brochure about Kingston. Pull your boat around to Confederation Basin Marina and overnight there, its awesome. Stay on the Charts and and have a great time , spent 10 days there last year so if you need any additional info email me.............Doug

Jay_98ca 07-27-2002 12:08 AM

Come on down to Gananoque and Launch.We have a great ramp.The water is up good this year and we never have a problem loading or unloading boats here. We launch over 150 poker run boats every year ranging from 26ft - 50ft and never had a problem. Let me know the dates.If its for our poker run in August we do have seperate parking for the tailers for the weekend as well as parking for the trucks. Hope you get your boat in and enjoy the views around here. Kingston might have a little more life on there streets,But when it comes to the water,Gananoque has more bragging rights. Take care.

pullmytrigger 07-27-2002 11:26 AM

Hey Jay, what kind of boat are you running? I bought my boat in Gan, its the old Prospector Fountain although you'd never recognise it anymore...........Doug

Jay_98ca 07-27-2002 02:25 PM

I don't run a boat except for my sea-doo.I am just one of many that love to volunteer and help out during our Poker run.I have been doing it for a long time.Launched alot of boats here in my day.