Alarm Advice - driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise >

Alarm Advice - driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise

Notices

Alarm Advice - driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise

Old 05-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Alarm Advice - driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise

Hello guys - all of you have always treated me well with the best advise from many users with up to date experiences. Thank you.

I am looking for the best alarm - not the most expensive or techno savvy - but an all around alarm for not only the driveway - but also when I am on the road and parking overnight at hotel - and when I anchor the boat out whether I am sleeping on-board or not.

I know there are many options such as floor pads, door contacts, IR's, etc...

I am thinking high decibel siren and high intensity strobes installed correctly on my radar arch [38ft Scarab] would prohibit cut wires etc... and most likely scare the b**st**ds off.

I know there are models with Sim card capability that can notify you if the alarm is activated

My question is - are there any all around good performers. I am not against having video as well - but I am just not familiar enough to make the right decision based on performance and installation - or should I say access to the right alarm company for install - etc..

I am located in the Houston, Texas area and would like to find the right dependable shop to get this done. I know its far too much intrusive work for me to attempt doing this as a self-installation project.

I am also posting a thread for advice for GPS tracking in the event my boat was stolen - I am thinking these are 2 totally separate devices - am I correct ? (I have Furuno radar if that makes a diff ?)
Old 05-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Registered

I'm not sure you will get much help here. You best bet is going to be finding a reputable automotive alarm shop and having them set you up with the entire package; if you are not going to do it yourself. I am not talking about some run of the mill Best Buy type shop, I am talking about a shop that specialize in alarms and that is capable of doing a proper "stealth install" on a car. Any of those guys should be able to set you up with something similar for a boat. I could go on and on about different setups, but it's kinda pointless if you aren't going to be doing the install yourself. There is a TON of info on automotive installs around the net, and honestly boats are not going to be all that different.

If you were local, I would set you up with an install myself. As for products, I highly recommend anything that DEI produces.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They do not have to be seperate as far as GPS and alarm. The best systems will actually work together as the same. That way if the boat gets stolen and moved out of a certain area you get a emial/text.... If the cover is taken off you get a email/text... Alarms/sirens don't help much any more. Most peole just think they are anoying and do not pay them any attention so your best bet is to know it is happening as soon as possible so that you can start the process of recovery as soon as you can.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Registered

I had given you a link in a different thread to ask a guy

I was just watching one of his videos and he mentioned the name of the GPS tracing company he uses it is www.gpsit.com

he also mentioned they have units that can detect movement as well like someone climbing in the boat (or for him a car)

so check out that link above and see if any of that works for you and contact them and tell them what you are looking for and see if they can make that or have it

and he mentioned that he is getting a new plan that is unlimited pings (hits seeing where the GPS unit is) for $20 per month
Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

As for the driveway:
http://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-CW...driveway+alarm

I have a few of these placed among my property notifying me if anyone is where they are not supposed to be. Occasionally deer will set them off; but that just confirms they are working. I don't know if you have similar sized wildlife where you live in Thailand.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered

I was just watching a different video and he happened to mention that the devices from gpsit are the ones that he uses temporarily not the ones that are wired into the vehicle through the OBDII

he said they are rock solid and always deliver a tracking signal, but he said the ones he uses that are wired into the vehicle are from this company

http://enfotrace.com/

hopefully that gives you some options that work for you
Old 05-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

best alarm,hmmm,,a pitbull..
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Alarm help

Try "LOOKOUT" www.lookoutalarm.com Phone 305 887 1094.