Notices

Tickfaw 200 pics

Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tickfaw 200 pics

I didn't didn't want to hijack anyone's picture threads so here is another one.

Don't have to many, but have a few good ones.

This is my personal favorite when it comes to fountains. I love the colors and the interior was awesome!!

A real nice looking paint job on a sweet cat!!

Single turbine boat

Phantom rig

Two nice statements

Prop stop loaded with boats!!

Putting the velocity up for the night after a great day on the water.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Great pics... sux that I missed it.. nephew graduated..

and finally someone spelled Tic"k"faw correctly

how did the Velocity run??
Old 05-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
I didn't didn't want to hijack anyone's picture threads so here is another one.

Don't have to many, but have a few good ones.

This is my personal favorite when it comes to fountains. I love the colors and the interior was awesome!!

A real nice looking paint job on a sweet cat!!

Single turbine boat

Phantom rig

Two nice statements

Prop stop loaded with boats!!

Putting the velocity up for the night after a great day on the water.

Is that fountain sinking in the last pic ?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Registered

That's a 32' Fountain. I think they are always close to sinking!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Esquire
That's a 32' Fountain. I think they are always close to sinking!
No, he's just got really big motors.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lol. Just noticed it. It was there the next day so I'm assuming it was ok.

Nailit,

The velocity ran awesome!! It exceeded all of my expectations and I'm very happy I went with it. I totally get what people mean by its a drivers boat. I had to remain focused at all times when making a high speed run because of the pad bottom, but it made for such a FUN ride!!!! Nothing agains Baja, but my Baja I just drove. Long runs were like going down the interstate except at 62 mph maxed out. The velocity was very exciting to drive and I didn't want to stop. I would get across the lake and want to turn around and do it again. Passengers wanted to stop at drinking spots and I just wanted to drive. As for top speed, I haven't gotten the nerve to make an all out run and hold it pinned yet because its an odd feeling with hardly no boat in the water. Lol The longest I've held it at this point was to 5400 rpms and it was still pulling hard, but I would chicken out. Motor is setup to spin 5800. On the 5400 rom run the hand held GPS was going in and out for some reason, but would flash 86-88. Either way it was very fast to me and the 3 other people on the boat since we were used to the Baja last couple years. As for handling, its like the boat is on rails in the corners. Friday and Sunday were very rough and it would get rough if you stayed 35-45 mph. Steve stepp said to try it at 55 and up and see how it changes so I did and he was right!! The ride was much smoother as we were skipping on the pad and no longer had the rough beating we experienced going slow through it. Even when going slow the boat felt very very solid!! My last boat the top deck and lower sections were screwed together. My velocity is glassed together and I feel that really added to the solid feel of the boat. I can't say enough positive things about the velocity!! I'm so glad I went with velocity. Even my wife made numerous comments through out the weekend how she loved the new boat. Through out the build she didn't get why I was building a blower motor, why we needed a new boat etc etc. After this weekend she said she totally gets it now which is saying a lot because she was happy with the last boat, until riding in the new boat. :-)

Sorry for the long answer, but my wife and I agree that this past weekend was the best weekend we've had on the water in our 5 years of boating together. Even with the rough weather and $650 gas bill. LOL

Last edited by cp5899; 05-07-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by On Time
Mine (29) sits low like that. I have 2 509s with blowers on top.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
Lol. Just noticed it. It was there the next day so I'm assuming it was ok.

Nailit,

The velocity ran awesome!! It exceeded all of my expectations and I'm very happy I went with it. I totally get what people mean by its a drivers boat. I had to remain focused at all times when making a high speed run because of the pad bottom, but it made for such a FUN ride!!!! Nothing agains Baja, but my Baja I just drove. Long runs were like going down the interstate except at 62 mph maxed out. The velocity was very exciting to drive and I didn't want to stop. I would get across the lake and want to turn around and do it again. Passengers wanted to stop at drinking spots and I just wanted to drive. As for top speed, I haven't gotten the nerve to make an all out run and hold it pinned yet because its an odd feeling with hardly no boat in the water. Lol The longest I've held it at this point was to 5400 rpms and it was still pulling hard, but I would chicken out. Motor is setup to spin 5800. On the 5400 rom run the hand held GPS was going in and out for some reason, but would flash 86-88. Either way it was very fast to me and the 3 other people on the boat since we were used to the Baja last couple years. As for handling, its like the boat is on rails in the corners. Friday and Sunday were very rough and it would get rough if you stayed 35-45 mph. Steve stepp said to try it at 55 and up and see how it changes so I did and he was right!! The ride was much smoother as we were skipping on the pad and no longer had the rough beating we experienced going slow through it. Even when going slow the boat felt very very solid!! My last boat the top deck and lower sections were screwed together. My velocity is glassed together and I feel that really added to the solid feel of the boat. I can't say enough positive things about the velocity!! I'm so glad I went with velocity. Even my wife made numerous comments through out the weekend how she loved the new boat. Through out the build she didn't get why I was building a blower motor, why we needed a new boat etc etc. After this weekend she said she totally gets it now which is saying a lot because she was happy with the last boat, until riding in the new boat. :-)

Sorry for the long answer, but my wife and I agree that this past weekend was the best weekend we've had on the water in our 5 years of boating together. Even with the rough weather and $650 gas bill.
LOL
Cool, I'm glad you had fun.. I took the wife out in the 33 and it was really as smooth in the 2's as we had! Comparable to the 25 in 1 ftrs!! I guess the extra 8 ft I gained helped a lil. Just want to try her in 3-4 and try the 55+ also.

She mentioned she would not be scared to cross the lake with the kids now so we should put some good hours on her.. being that she only has 12!!!!!
Will good luck with the boat!! Hopefully we see ya out there soon!!!
Richie

Last edited by nailit; 05-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by On Time
triples! ha ha