Notices

Jacksonville Poker Run

Old 05-15-2013, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not promoting fountain but this is how big the Jax run used to be. Video is better on mute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnpQdvQ_OYk
Old 05-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsPeanut
Not promoting fountain but this is how big the Jax run used to be. Video is better on mute.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnpQdvQ_OYk
I attended the run that year and while attendance was great and we had a great time this is definitely NOT the direction recreational poker runs should be going......
Old 05-15-2013, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmm.. let see the math.
I have to renew my insurance. FPC does not take my corp umbrella coverage for anything the company owns, (equipment, cars, bobcats, boats or whatever) $4500+-
Entry fee. for 2, $650, for additional crew. $100.00 pretty hefty for a mediocre dinner and a "T". (well, let's not even talk about the food). "Safety" Insurance, this really gets me. $100 for my boot.
No one does the stops, pretty much run to the lunch stop, some stops at the pool party, but everyone plays ALL the cards anyway. Plus travel, hotel, fuel, normal stuff no biggie.
I really have to re-evaluate this one, unless I find a totally awesome boat babe for the ride. (no luck yet)
Anyone wants to volunteer?

Is there a list yet?
Old 05-15-2013, 07:07 PM
RBH
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
It WAS a great weekend. Now that the entries have dropped from 125-150 boats to much less I need to look elsewhere.

Going to Texas instead for my June event and I think the charity run people have decided on Lanier in July to spend their money in that region.

If Bill Sr ever jumps back in I will be 2nd in line to make the Jax run.
+1
Two events in June within 125 miles of Nashville both events less than $200.
Tennessee River Ralley (Knoxville)
Thunder Run (lake Cumberland)
Bill Sr. is first class
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freedom US-1 will be there!
Old 05-21-2013, 02:44 PM
FPC Events
VIP Member

JACKSONVILLE POKER RUN- Q & A's - FACTS & FIGURES:

Hello all, seems like there's a lot of unanswered questions about the Jacksonville event, taking place May 31-June 1st.

First, Bill Pyburn Sr. is still involved. He asked FPC to continue this event on his behalf and still assists with local planning.

Just to remove any doubt about the event fee, I hope this helps a little:

$ 650 Team Event Fee includes:
• Boat entry for Captain and 1st Mate
• All planning for event, including FPC making room and dockage reservations on behalf of attendees.
• A safe, well executed poker run event, with official paceboat leading the trip for those unfamiliar with waters.
• Function passes for Capt and 1st Mate for dockside breakfast and Saturday evening night dinner & awards party.
*please see the dinner menu below- this is a full course meal!
• (2) 2013 Souvenir Poker run tee shirts for Capt. and crew.
• Aerial photo/video package from helicopter, including photo proof set and full length Souvenir DVD production, shot in HD...
• Plus an entire episode of Powerboating In Paradise TV - on Sun Sports, featuring every team.
• Your personal folder of photos on the FPC web site
And photo coverage in our Magazine Powerboating In Paradise Magazine
• One Poker run hand included, with chance of winning great prizes.

First Prize: Garmin Map 4208 GPS $1800 + $ 500 FPC voucher,
2nd Place: Pair of OceanLED Underwater Lights + $ 250 FPC Voucher
3rd Place: $ 250 FPC voucher

Dinner Menu for all participants - Included in the event fee:
Mixed Greens Tossed Salad
Mashed Potatoes, Sautéed Vegetables
Chicken Pasta and grilled vegetables in a Alfredo Sauce
Prime Rib Carving Station
Blackened Mahi Mahi
DESERT

Extra Crew Fee: $ 100 per person (includes FPC 2013 Poker Run tour t-shirt and all necessary function passes)

SAFETY MANAGEMENT FEE: To clarify, this fee has nothing to do with insurance. These fees go towards hard costs to put qualified safety/rescue people on the course during the poker run. This includes: TWO boats, provided by volunteers, which will have Jacksonville Fire Rescue divers/paramedics on board, doing a paid-duty assignment, to be first responders to any accidents or incidents on the poker run course. We pay for the boat fuel and the total budget for this effort in Jacksonville is just under $2,000....that is a big budget for a small event, and the safety fees just barely cover that. If ANYTHING were to happen out there, no matter who is at fault, if a boat rolls over, or hits a hard wake, or has a mechanical failure at high speed, we just want to be prepared in any way we can.
In Destin last summer, a 32 foot boat spectator rolled and pitched out four people, one died... but perhaps they might be saved with a rescue crew nearby.

The price is relative to what we provide. These events provide a "complete package" and also a high level of emergency response. If there was more sponsor support from the marine trades, manufacturers, dealers alike, we would surely be able to lower these fees... FPC does pay all of the people who work on the events, we rarely use volunteers (except me).
I appreciate the events who are able to run at lower costs, but FPC is not able to run events for $200 entry fees.

I hope to see everyone on an event really soon!
Stu & I will be in Texas for the Texas Outlaw Challenge June 20-23,
Bahamas Poker Runs in June & July,
Boyne Thunder in Michigan July 12-13,
Pirates of Lanier July 18 - 21, and
Emerald Coast Poker Run August 14-18.

Have a wonderful & safe summer!
Old 05-21-2013, 06:49 PM
B38
Registered

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts

Hey peter
My Bertram 38 will not be there this year. doing some major updateing. If you have a seat available count me in brother. 386-785-6986 Kurt

Originally Posted by PARADOX
Well, my boat is ready. . Probably go, not sure if I actually do the card runs, I have to see. Depends on who will I find to go.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by anchor
I was going to try and finally make this run after a few years.....sounds like some mixed feelings about it
Does not sound good for attendance.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by B38
Hey peter
My Bertram 38 will not be there this year. doing some major updateing. If you have a seat available count me in brother. 386-785-6986 Kurt
Hey Kurt. Not sure what I'm doing yet, things are up in the air. if I do go, I will try to let you know in time.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TriPaC87
Freedom US-1 will be there!
Yes we will!!!! Looking forward to a great weekend!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.