Arneson Surface Drive Issues >

Arneson Surface Drive Issues

Notices

Arneson Surface Drive Issues

Old 05-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arneson Surface Drive Issues

I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had similar issues as I did converting I/O drives to arneson surface drives. I have an express cruiser Formula 370SS which is a bit heavier 16,000lbs and beam of 10'6" than your typical off shore boat. When I installed the drives over a year ago I couldn't get the boat up on plane. Most of the props made for that drive are at most 18" dia. I was getting too much prop spin or cavitation to push it up on plane. Then I had larger props custom built they were 22" diameter 6 blade 26 pitch. Now I have too much prop and the engines won't turn past 2000 rpm and still can't get up on plane. These props are super expensive as you know and this is a very tedious process. Is there another solution out there that I don't know about? Ric over at Arneson hasn't been any help. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:32 PM
Registered

Good luck with your process... I am surprised to hear that Ric has not been helpful ...sucks dropping that much $$$ and no help after the check has been cashed...
Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a guy on Boatfreaks who put a pair on a 47 Wellcraft Excalibur with good results. Maybe find out what he used. 22 inch sounds like way too much prop. How deep are your props at idle?
Old 05-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stevo2735
I'm wondering if anyone else out there has had similar issues as I did converting I/O drives to arneson surface drives. I have an express cruiser Formula 370SS which is a bit heavier 16,000lbs and beam of 10'6" than your typical off shore boat. When I installed the drives over a year ago I couldn't get the boat up on plane. Most of the props made for that drive are at most 18" dia. I was getting too much prop spin or cavitation to push it up on plane. Then I had larger props custom built they were 22" diameter 6 blade 26 pitch. Now I have too much prop and the engines won't turn past 2000 rpm and still can't get up on plane. These props are super expensive as you know and this is a very tedious process. Is there another solution out there that I don't know about? Ric over at Arneson hasn't been any help. Thanks.
I'm sorry you are having problems but it's hard to help when you don't call nor try to contact me.

You will need a vent tube for your larger diameter propellers to break loose and get the naturally aspirated engines to rev. Bill @ Ateco is making these up he told me as I have been in contact with Bill along the way during this project.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
Good luck with your process... I am surprised to hear that Ric has not been helpful ...sucks dropping that much $$$ and no help after the check has been cashed...
That would be the case if it were true but I don't operate that way. Bill @ ATECO Engines handled the installation and I have been in contact with Bill on a VERY regular basis. Thanks for the confidence.
Old 05-13-2013, 05:33 PM
Registered

If I may.

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=18295
Old 05-13-2013, 06:31 PM
skrap
Gold Member

If you contact Rik...he will take care of you right away. Customer service has ALWAYS been Arneson's motto starting back when he was in the pool sweep business.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Registered

Doing arneson 7M conversion project right now and Rik has been great with anything we needed.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Doing arneson 7M conversion project right now and Rik has been great with anything we needed.
you run the boat yet?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Default fixx

sounds arneson is doing its job,,,its the person that did the conversion is not....22'' props HOLY COW....what was the rake of the 18'' props?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.