Qatar Finishes Fifth in SBI Superboat-Class Debut

Notices

Qatar Finishes Fifth in SBI Superboat-Class Debut

Old 05-20-2013, 02:57 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,224 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
fair enough Matt. maybe I am overly critical as I remember the year we won the Worlds with Alcone Motorsports and the headline in Vapor Trails read "xyz comes in second". there was no mention of us anywhere because Gilbreath had pissed off Mr. Ricky. you always bring us great reporting but I saw this before any other mention of the winners at the race so my apologies if I jumped too soon.
steve schmidt
No apology necessary at all, Steve. I understood. what you meant. If that were our version of "race coverage," it would have missed the mark by a wide, wide margin. (OK, it would have sucked.) I was just explaining it. Trust me, when I wrote the story I figured I'd get a response or two at least similar to yours. All good,
Old 05-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Watching from the beach I can tell you this, ANY team that went out and ran has my respect.

I watched Warpaint kite it, not once, but twice. They then were deck-to-deck with the former CRC boat in the south turn, Warpaint took a hard turn and launched SIDEWAYS and hit hard. CRC then kited off the same wave and seemed to fly right over Warpaint. Cringe inducing from the beach, had to be life-flashing from the cockpit(s).

The outboard cats were flying high and hard too. Kudos to all of you that took that beating.