Notices

Non boat - Classic cars.

Old 08-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non boat - Classic cars.

Does anyone have anything to do with classic cars. I have just bought a 71 Buick Riviera in show room cond with only 35000 miles on it. It is a two door with 455 V8. The origanal owner died and I got it cheap. Any idea what it is valued at.
Mark.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Alright Mhunter!! Buicks Rock! I just sold my '70 GS 455 Stage One late last year to get... (you guessed it) my boat! I think I made the right choice!

Riv's are great cars. I love the '71 and '72 boat tails. In '73 the 5 MPH bumpers were added and that took away from the style of the rear end in my opinion. My dad bought a 72 Riv new, back when I was a kid. Guess that's where I got my love for 'em.

Riv's, like most Buicks, are very much a special interest car and worth whatever you can get. Find the right buyer and it may bring 10 - 12,000 grand if it is truly showroom. Want to sell it fast and it may be hard to get $5000.

A quick search on Classic Car Trader Online found '71's from $2500 to $9,950. I don't know if this link will work, but give it a try.

http://www.collectorcartraderonline....chprocess.html

What color is it? Does it have the buckets and concole? I'd love to see some pictures. Hope you have great luck with it. Keep me posted! If I can help in any way, let me know.

Jeff
Old 08-20-2002, 11:09 PM
sauron

jbrauer, Do you know anyone who may have a 70 Stage one , 4-speed for sale? I want a nice rust free car if available.

Old 08-20-2002, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mhunter,

keep the car and bring it up to Detroit next year. We just had the 8th annual Dream Cruise this past weekend. Just under 2 million in attendance and approx 30,000 classic cars

http://www.revvinwithford.com/videos/DreamCruise.ram
Old 08-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Registered

Not right now. I found mine in Hemmings years ago. It was anoriginal Stage One, bucket seat car, but needed restoration. I went to Houston to get it and then spent 3 years re-doing everything.

My best suggestion is watching Hemmings. Also, the GS Nationals is in Bowling Green every year in May. It' about an hour from my house. If you don't have one by then, that's the place to get your pick.

Here's a link to the GS Club website.

http://www.buickgsca.com/

Good luck! If you find one let me know, I'd love to hear about it!

Jeff
Old 08-20-2002, 11:30 PM
Registered

Here's my car before I sold it.

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:24 AM
Registered

Just for fun, how many Buick fans do we have on here? I've got a 67 GS post coupe and a #'s matching 65 GS 4-spd convertible. Looks like we've got a few other GSCA members also on here. As if boating isn't expensive enough.!
Old 08-21-2002, 08:39 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by jbrauer
Not right now. I found mine in Hemmings years ago. It was anoriginal Stage One, bucket seat car, but needed restoration. I went to Houston to get it and then spent 3 years re-doing everything.

My best suggestion is watching Hemmings. Also, the GS Nationals is in Bowling Green every year in May. It' about an hour from my house. If you don't have one by then, that's the place to get your pick.

Here's a link to the GS Club website.

http://www.buickgsca.com/

Good luck! If you find one let me know, I'd love to hear about it!

Jeff
Jeff, I have always loved the stage 1's. Were did you find it (state)? there was one around here in pa. years ago same color and all as yours, the thing sounded so good,nice sounding cam and strong. Ike.
Old 08-21-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

Dave McIntosh at McIntosh Performance in Cumming Ga has a GS Stage 1 for sale. I know very little about the car other than it is a Med Met blue with White seats maybe auto? I can find out more or you can call him direct. He also has tons of Buick parts including Riv parts.

Todd Howerton

McIntosh Performance
678-513-4500
Old 08-21-2002, 09:59 AM
Registered

The Buick is a 71 boat tail. It has been in a garage for 31 years all covered. I started it and she runs like a dream. Her husband changed the oil all the time. It is a mettalic brown with white seats and white vynal roof. Its hard to believe that someone kept a car and hardly used it. I,ll post a photo later.
Mark.

Quick Reply: Non boat - Classic cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.