ultimate setup/garage thread >

ultimate setup/garage thread

Notices

ultimate setup/garage thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by NASCAT
20' x 55' Commercial storage w/ individual controlled HVAC. They were sold as a plain shell, concrete floor & sheet rocked walls. I had the loft & bathroom added (under stairs)
I've spent a night here, and I must say it is one cool setup!!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Some notes:

Pouring the concrete will cost between $1 and $3 a square foot depending on your area, and that's just pouring and finish; not stain or epoxy. (That does not include the price of the concrete either.)

I really like the look of the stain, but when I do something to my concrete; it will be a light color and bright finish epoxy to enhance light via reflection.

I've got a 30x60x12 pole barn by Post Frame Pole Buildings and Structures | Pioneer Pole Buildings
I had to put $10K into site work before we started above ground construction.
I had the slab poured about 2 years after I had the building erected. Big thanks again to BajaRio here on OSO for taking care of that part so well.

Fluorescent HO fixtures are around $100 each, which adds up when you do 11 of them. I did all of the electrical work myself.
750 feet of electrical service from house to barn cost around $850. Trenching to install that cable was around $3/foot; so I borrowed a skid-steer and rented a trencher implement to do that part myself.

I've got a small fortune wrapped up in mine, but I would not give it up for anything.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...oy-box-up.html

Oh yeah, figure out how big you want it; and then double it before you start construction.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

60x80x16 cost me about 75K with four overhead doors
Old 06-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Not "Ultimate" but rather "cozy". LOL
Attached Thumbnails ultimate setup/garage thread-img_1454.jpg   ultimate setup/garage thread-img_1455.jpg   ultimate setup/garage thread-img_1456.jpg  

ultimate setup/garage thread-img_1461.jpg  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dykstra
Not "Ultimate" but rather "cozy". LOL
Great looking garage! I'm building something similar. But only in a 20x20. What material did you use for the floors?
Old 06-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----I recognise that Camaro!!!........Bill S
Old 06-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by olredalert
----I recognise that Camaro!!!........Bill S
Hey Bill, Great to hear from you again!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS
Great looking garage! I'm building something similar. But only in a 20x20. What material did you use for the floors?
It's just cheap Armstrong peal and stick you can buy for .44cents a SF. If a tile gets messed up, I pull it up and slap another one down. It holds up a lot better than I expected. I think I have only replaced 2 tiles.

If you spill a beer on the floor, you can just wipe it up.

Last edited by dykstra; 06-12-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Some notes:

Pouring the concrete will cost between $1 and $3 a square foot depending on your area, and that's just pouring and finish; not stain or epoxy. (That does not include the price of the concrete either.)

I really like the look of the stain, but when I do something to my concrete; it will be a light color and bright finish epoxy to enhance light via reflection.

I've got a 30x60x12 pole barn by Post Frame Pole Buildings and Structures | Pioneer Pole Buildings
I had to put $10K into site work before we started above ground construction.
I had the slab poured about 2 years after I had the building erected. Big thanks again to BajaRio here on OSO for taking care of that part so well.

Fluorescent HO fixtures are around $100 each, which adds up when you do 11 of them. I did all of the electrical work myself.
750 feet of electrical service from house to barn cost around $850. Trenching to install that cable was around $3/foot; so I borrowed a skid-steer and rented a trencher implement to do that part myself.

I've got a small fortune wrapped up in mine, but I would not give it up for anything.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...oy-box-up.html

Oh yeah, figure out how big you want it; and then double it before you start construction.
Awesome garage Brian - what did the building end up costing you? Did you do any of the actual construction? Was that even an option?

Thanks
Jim
Old 06-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by 502ss
Awesome garage Brian - what did the building end up costing you? Did you do any of the actual construction? Was that even an option?

Thanks
Jim
Check your PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.