Notices

moron on the loose.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by cfischer
guys a idiot but nothing worse then a bunch of people on your boat shouting orders especially a bunch of chicks. they were easily 100yds and yelling at their captain to take off. really???
classic example of a chick thinking she knows everything and overreacting,she is a boat notzi.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The women were protecting their own; the children on the boat. I can't fault them for that; as I'd have high tailed out of there as well.

I've boated in that channel on big weekends before. The congestion, confusion, ineptness, an overall chaos is practically indescribable. There is a current, as well as the breeze. There are people in the water, and so much noise from music, loudmouths, and motors; you can't even hear yourself think.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 05-29-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know what was worse, watching house boat cause damage and havoc or having to listen to all those people around the camera!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
The women were protecting their own; the children on the boat. I can't fault them for that; as I'd have high tailed out of there as well.
I don't think being all jacked up overreacting is the proper way to protect their children. While this was a bad situation the last thing anyone needed to do was get their vessel underway in the middle of that chaos. "Keep Calm and Carry On"
Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by TW720HVY
I don't think being all jacked up overreacting is the proper way to protect their children. While this was a bad situation the last thing anyone needed to do was get their vessel underway in the middle of that chaos. "Keep Calm and Carry On"
Fair point, and I should clarify/quantify...

If on the beach, that was the safest place to be; and far up it at that. Screw the boat at that point.

However, if underway, as in the first video; I would have gotten the hell out of there--as fast as traffic would have allowed. Heck, I don't even think I would have ventured in there with those kids aboard; as it's not a scene for them.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Seems to me given all the circumstances that was a pretty bang up job handling that situation.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Fair point, and I should clarify/quantify...

If on the beach, that was the safest place to be; and far up it at that. Screw the boat at that point.

However, if underway, as in the first video; I would have gotten the hell out of there--as fast as traffic would have allowed. Heck, I don't even think I would have ventured in there with those kids aboard; as it's not a scene for them.
Completely agree.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Registered

In the second video you can clearly see he didn't even have a spotter on the stern!!! -wtf and he's not even looking back when he slams the boat on shore....i dont even back my trailer up on a crowded ramp w/o a spotter.
I saw this same thing happen at a hot rod show with a motor home.......but the cops didn't get ther 'til after a brawl broke out and a more exp. Driver got the r/v out without further damage....can say the same for the driver ......yes it was a rental.