Notices

Donzi Classic 496 HO info

Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Donzi Classic 496 HO info

I recently purchased a Donzi Classic 22 with a 496 HO. Does anyone have experience what the oil pressure and the temp gauges should read. I'm in south Florida and the boat was brought down from up north so I am going to be changing the thermostat. After a significant run at idle it is just under 180 and at idle the oil pressure is just under 40.

Also, does anyone have experience on what prop runs best with this boat?

Thanks for all the help.

JG.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

There is no reason to change the thermostat unless it is not working properly. You don't change it out due to geographic location (assuming the previous owner hasn't put a higher temp thermostat in for some reason)..

Your numbers sound fine.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 496 HO in my 22 classic...numbers are perfect don't change anything you will be fine...

Prop for these boats try a 26P Turbo TXP prop (3 blade) 25P Turbo (3 blade) and a 26P Bravo 1 (four blade), Hydromotive QIV 25 P (four blade). The 25P mirage that comes with these boats from the factory in my experience is not the best. Do lots of testing and find what works best with your ride, all these 22's run different....

The four blades tend to run a little slower but handling is greatly improved...

Good luck

Undertaker