Notices

Fountain building again

Old 05-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fountain building again

at least according to this thread

New Build Thread: Fountain 34 CC - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

I know it is a CC egg beater, but it sounds like they might be back up and running

I personally would prefer that Mr. Fountain start producing boats again, but the way he likes to "compete" who knows maybe this will spur him onto action haha
Old 05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Somebody has to build boats for the next generation of used buyers. Good luck to them but its not really a Fountain if the short man himself is not at the helm...
Old 05-31-2013, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Somebody has to build boats for the next generation of used buyers. Good luck to them but its not really a Fountain if the short man himself is not at the helm...
yea I agree, but I wonder if he was not waiting to see if he could get the name back (he obviously wants it if you look at the naming history of his current company) and now he might see that will not happen and move on to trying to build again himself
Old 05-31-2013, 06:11 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Great boat had one with trips not a Nortech but was nice
Old 05-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexasVines
yea I agree, but I wonder if he was not waiting to see if he could get the name back (he obviously wants it if you look at the naming history of his current company) and now he might see that will not happen and move on to trying to build again himself
True but he and his boys are very talented and have a good thing going right now. I doubt you will see any new boats out of them.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:29 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasVines
at least according to this thread

New Build Thread: Fountain 34 CC - The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

I know it is a CC egg beater, but it sounds like they might be back up and running

I personally would prefer that Mr. Fountain start producing boats again, but the way he likes to "compete" who knows maybe this will spur him onto action haha
Here's an article that was published on speedonthewater.com in late March, Donzi and Fountain Resume Limited Production.

I haven't checked on the status lately, but according to the company's John Walker, at least when I spoke with him in March, orders have come in and production is in progress.

I wrote a "Catching Up With Reggie Fountain" feature that will appear on boats.com in June. Based on my interview with Mr. Fountain, I'd have to say it's unlikely at best that he will be building powerboats anytime soon.

I'll let you guys know when that article goes live.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Wait, let me wipe the Snottiness off me from reading that primitive attempt at pooping on many others as though on top...when clearly one is Below.
Take it EASY Judge Smales...the Decaf is JUST ABOUT as good as the real thing these days!

OK, back to topic:
More power to them! Getting excitement and action and entrepreneurship into boating and manufacturing is part of the Engine that powers this enjoyable hobby/sport/Country!
The rivalries and competition between manufacturers is always fun and has driven boating interest and technology all through the years.