Notices

30-33' powerboats?

Old 06-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 911 Posts

Originally Posted by demonmaestro
I dont see a latter to get on that platform. Defently could be a pita. But good idea.
A ladder would not really work with the ext boxes and tie bar. It is actually very easy to just step on the top of a drive and get out of the water.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 754 Likes on 406 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Hard to knock a 32 Sunsation. They are really bling out, especially over the past few years. Just make sure you look at true waterline length when comparing these boats.

32 AT
32 Sunsation
33 Donzi ZX
33 Scarab
33 Powerplay..

...are all quite noticeably different in size. There are also 3-4 different 32' Sunsation hull/deck model combinations over the years; Dominator, Innovator, S/SS, XRT. Good luck with your pursuit!
There are basically 2, 32' Sunsation hulls. The old low deck, shallow freeboard Dominators were non-stepped, pad bottom with the "Vortec" inserts at the chine. The Innovator marked the new twin-step, deeper freeboard hull that the Dominator SS (and later trim packages S and SSR) eventually shared. This hull started out as a true vee but later Wayne added a small pad. The deck for the Innovator, S, SS, and SSR is still the old original Dominator deck. The XRT deck adds the faux-canopy look and the airplane-styled dash.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One thing to keep in mind if you found a 33ZX that you like, the beam is 9'3". I understand your concern for length, but the width on the Donzi is wider than most.

tom
Old 06-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We love our Donzi 33ZX Daytona. Definitely has more room than any mid 30' powerboat I've been on. Also much taller in the cabin than most. Having a fridge and enclosed vacuflush head is great. The non- Daytona models are gonna be quite a bit heavier than some others listed here, but than can be good if you need to crush some lake waves. I believe the non-Daytona model is about 10,500 dry. You need to make sure you have enough truck and or lift.

I also like the Sunsations layout, the ones I've been on seem to have a good fit and finish as well.