Notices

Nordic Factory Visit

Old 06-07-2013, 12:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nordic Factory Visit

Today I made the trip up from Houston to visit the Nordic Boat factory in Lake Havasu, AZ. Prior to today, I had never been to Lake Havasu. I think there are more boats than cars in that town! I did not get to go out on the lake itself, but the water sure did look nice!

The purpose of me trip was to decide what boat I wanted. Thus far I think I have narrowed it down to a Nordic, but the model is up in the air. I started my day with a tour of the factory and was very impressed all the way around. Thane walked me through each of the boats and was very open on everything. Top notch guy!

I concluded the rest of the day looking around at several other boats on the market some of which are used. I then caught a plane to head to Salt Lake city to look at two Nordic flames, one this evening and another tomorrow.

Thus far I am probably most interested in the Nordic flame. The Nordic heat was nice, but I am sure I would kick myself about 12 months from now if I did not buy a flame. However, one boat that caught my eye was the Nordic 29 deck boat. It sounds like with a mercury 565 this boat would move along pretty decent and you could bring along a lot of friends. Then my thoughts drift back to the flame which is just simply awesome.

So, do any of you have any thoughts or opinions on performance deck boats in the 29 foot range? I did not get to look at an Eliminator 28 Fundeck yet, but how does it compare? Are there any other performance deck boats I should look at?

As I said above, I made this trip to make up my mind on what I wanted. I think I am as much or more confused as ever!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

I have a 2006 Nordic flame for sale. 525 merc, 235 hours, custom paint, new trailer under 100K. You can see it at Oregon Custom Marine. Nordic 2006 Flame

in classifieds now http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o51909-en.html

Last edited by beertruck; 06-08-2013 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added link
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Nordic boats are AWESOME! I was really impressed when I took a factory tour during DS this year. Been meaning to start a thread myself. Thane was great also. We got the pleasure to ride in my friends new (used 2010) Nordic 28SS. TOP NOTCH. My friend is so impressed with his new 28SS compared to his past Eliminators and DCB's. Nothing wrong with the competition, but the latest Nordics have really stepped up the game. Enjoy your new Nordic, whichever one you choose.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nordics are great boats. Though decision deciding which one you want. LOL. It seems there may be some indecision about what style boat you want. The 35 and deck boats are totally different styles of boating. Do you want an open bow arrangement? Are you goiong to do water sports? How fast do you cruise? Water conditions? The 35 is a pretty large boat. Great for going fast in rougher conditions, but not well suited for any type water sport or slow cruising. Also you need to consider the cost of operation and maintenance between a twin and a single engine boat.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Registered

It is definitely a hard pic. Originally I intended to make the trip to pick between the Heat and the Flame. After thinking on it for a day, the Heat is definitely out. I am a bigger guy and need more room in the cockpit area. I really think the flame is going to be the way to go all things considered.

I think there are several other boats out there just as good an Nordic, but I would definitely say that they are one of the leader. Maybe someday when the kids are gone I can get one of there really big models!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I took a tour through there when they were just finishing the first 28SS. I didn't know what I was looking for just kinda checking the place out. Larry Songster was there showing me boats & I wasn't finding anything to really write home about, Some lady that worked there mentioned I think 3 times to Larry "show him the SS". I think he was just building into it because we came around the corner & that first 28SS was sitting there. My jaw dropped to my knees & I seem to remember mentioning something about weather I had the title to my boat, what would they give me, & would it be ready to pick up when I was ready to go home. That didn't happen but since then I have looked at a few Nordics, Flames & Heats and they are very nice boats. I sometimes wish I would have looked at them before I bought my Kachina but the price was right at the time & nobody has anything like my boat here in Omaha. If I get the itch to sell all of my toys & just have one a 28SS is still at the top of my list. I have talked to Thane & he strikes me as a straight shooter with a quality product so which ever model you choose you should by very happy with it. Good luck on your shopping & post some pics when you make your purchase. Randy
Old 06-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

There's also the Laveycraft 28 Party Prowler.