Notices

Venture Offshore Cup?

Old 06-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Venture Offshore Cup?

I'm curious if anyone is covering the Venture Offshore Cup in England?

The race began early this morning and currently the Chief Warpath has a sizable lead!
Live Race Centre | Venture Offshore Cup
Venture Offshore Cup | Welcome to the Venture Cup ? the World's toughest powerboat race and an adventure of epic proportions. Beginning in June of 2013, fifty of the greatest powerboats ever assembled will leave Cowes in the UK and battle 2,400 miles
Attached Thumbnails Venture Offshore Cup?-warpath-1st-place-2.jpg   Venture Offshore Cup?-warpath-1st-place.jpg  
Old 06-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

looks like Warpath turned around to go back to brighton -- at 14 knots -- hope they can get whatever it is taken care of! Must be brutally rough out there -- speeds between 30- 45 knots ---

Go Warpath!
Old 06-08-2013, 09:42 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My guess is they stopped for fuel. Apparently there wasn't any fuel in London before the race started. When I zoom in closely it appears they are in port (hopefully fuelling). I've been getting email updates, hopefully they'll send something soon.

I received the below messages from the team earlier today;

"13 mile lead at turn. 8 foot waves"

"First place right now, we may need fuel, the had none in London. Thank you for support. Go tribe !"
Old 06-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

They got fuel but need to regain 40 miles due to the fuel stop.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:45 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Warpath had a huge lead and had to pull in and get fuel as they could not get petrol in London by land or by marina.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Few vids from London here:
Venture Cup 2013 - Part 1 - YouTube
Venture Cup 2013 - Part 2 - YouTube
Venture Cup 2013 - Part 3 - YouTube
Venture Cup 2013 - Part 4 - YouTube
Venture Cup 2013 - Part 5 - YouTube

Rog
Old 06-09-2013, 07:53 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Warpath wins day 2!!!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

I was at the docks and the ride to london bridge and then all the way to south end where the race began. I was with OSO member Paul Buckner on his boat and got some great pics and a few videos. I will post them up soon. We were going to goto ramsgate for the evening and turned around about 10 miles after the beginning at southend due to the conditions in the thames estuary. This is where the the thames meats the North sea. Put that together with the wind and it was a washing machine. We were in a 28 pantera but the seas were 4 to 8 easy. This is no exaggeration. On the way back in after turning around we seen two boats that were part of the race so I guess you can say we were either smart for turning around or crazy for even trying to make it. I did get to talk to Bob for a little and Ole also. Ole was great and it was a pleasure meeting Bob for the first time. I will start a thread with pics and a few stories hopefully thursday. BTW a lot of politics involved so i have to say that Warpath may have already finished the race if it wasnt for some of the BS going on.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does a fuel shortage happen when this has been planned for over a year?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Registered

Warpath crosses the line first . No gas at the docks in London so i could not top off with fuel Which left it a bit tight for London to Ramsgate run .
We had to lock out at 6 am and spent hours ideling in the Thames which burnt my safty reserve of gas the start was ment to be at 10.30am southend pier about 40 mile down river ended up starting about 12 noon .Thats my Pantera in vid 5 with penut his wife . i have just seen the average speeds for the race 40/50 mph on Boat mad
Warpath and cinezarno were swaping paint in the last mile . Warpath what a boat well done guys and to all them that took part.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.