Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Semper fi...Havasu Cig....... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29789-semper-fi-havasu-cig.html)

thisistank 07-30-2002 12:18 AM

Nort!! Answer your cell phone!!!!

Audiofn 07-30-2002 12:24 AM

Hey Tank you get the new ride back yet?? INQUIRING EYES HAVE TO KNOW!!!! :D:D:D

thisistank 07-30-2002 12:42 AM

Jon, yea, it's back...Just ran it for the first time today! Those dry gils sound frickin awsome!! and the blower whine....SWEET!!:D I'm just breaking everything in slow, so I don't have any real big news or anything. But it went good today. Missed you in havasu bro. Hope to see you out here again soon. You coming for the catalina run? Poker run? whens the next trip?

Tank

Semper Fi 07-30-2002 01:20 AM

Looking forward to hanging out with all you guys, and definately some hot babes!!
Semper Fi

Semper Fi 07-30-2002 01:37 AM

Uncle Toys,
I gotta see your new hot-rod boat. It sounds pretty sweet. We couldn't stay at the sandbar last weekend. It was too crowded to find a spot to anchor the Cig at. That frigging thing just gets taken by the current and the wind unbelievably!

Semper Fi 07-30-2002 01:53 AM

I just had to put in another post just too see me new "signature" at the bottom. Isn't that great!!

cigarette1 07-30-2002 01:16 PM

Hey HavasuCig and SemperFi .... I don't think I saw one Essex running off the SoCal coast last weekend. If the ocean were my stomach, I would tell you "GET IN MY BELLY" ... :D

Havasu is cool, but, DUDE .........

August is going to be a good month for SoCal offshore:
POPBRA Offshore Race in Huntington Beach
Catalina Ski Race in Long Beach
SCOPE Poker Run

Havasu Cig 07-30-2002 04:10 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
Hey HavasuCig and SemperFi .... I don't think I saw one Essex running off the SoCal coast last weekend. If the ocean were my stomach, I would tell you "GET IN MY BELLY" ... :D

Havasu is cool, but, DUDE .........

August is going to be a good month for SoCal offshore:
POPBRA Offshore Race in Huntington Beach
Catalina Ski Race in Long Beach
SCOPE Poker Run

Your right bro, but we have the house out there and it is usually a good time. We definitely plan on some more offshore running as soon as the gel is fixed. We want to run to Catalina since we did not stay very long during the poker run. :cool:

cigarette1 07-30-2002 05:18 PM

It's tough running to Avalon during the summer, usually no moorings available. Steamin'Rice said they ran to Two Harbors and there were moorings and a shuttle boat. Nothing to do in Two Harbors, but, hey ... it's a destination. I haven't seen your boat in the water yet ... looking forward to it.

G

Steamin Rice 07-30-2002 05:40 PM

I went to Avalon from Newport a couple of weeks ago....As Cig1 said, there were no moorings available. I think that there is a place to anchor at Avalon that isn't too deep, but it was about 250 feet deep where we were at and we met up with some friends that were going to Two Harbors so we went with them.

Two Harbors is at the North end of the Island is is smaller than Avalon. They were out of moorings also, but there was a reef to anchor at that was only around 20 feet deep so it was pretty easy. A shore boat took us in and we hung out there for the day. There's a small beach, a restaurant, a bar, a small hotel (8 rooms or so), a general store, and not much else there but it was still pretty fun. I didn't see the big tour boats at Two Harbors so it's a more mellow, local type of place than Avalon.

One side note, we ran into a huge group of Dolphins about 10 miles outside of Newport.....There were probably over 100 of them all around the boat which was pretty cool. We ran into another group of them about 5 miles outside of Avalon.....Definitely worth the trip.

A Catalina run in Sep could be fun....