Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need advice on deck wax/polish...... >

Need advice on deck wax/polish......

Notices

Need advice on deck wax/polish......

Old 06-11-2013, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on deck wax/polish......

I would like to know what my options are for a good deck wax or polish that won't make it so slick I will slide off !!!! The deck needs some buffing as it has a very slight haze on it. I will do that with color restorer from Meguire's. After that I would like to keep the shine without sending someone into the drink

Thx

Smitty
Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Registered

I used to use Collinite's 925 boat wax and the deck was like a ice rink, Then PP Jay turned me on to Wizards Shine Master no more slip and slide and this stuff works awesome. It's a polish and breathable sealant that is recommended as a wax replacement plus it smells good. haha
Old 06-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rfgonzo
I used to use Collinite's 925 boat wax and the deck was like a ice rink, Then PP Jay turned me on to Wizards Shine Master no more slip and slide and this stuff works awesome. It's a polish and breathable sealant that is recommended as a wax replacement plus it smells good. haha
What's he know about paint or shine anyways haha......

Were you able to buy the Wizards locally? I thought that was the pro stuff he told me about, or maybe that was just the cutter if I really wanted to make my boat look new?

I was in the exact same position as the OP, used 3M restorer to get rid of some of the haze/"staining" and then used nu-finish for a wax for the time being. Added some shine back, to be determined how slick it'll be.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Registered

Were you able to buy the Wizards locally? I thought that was the pro stuff he told me about, or maybe that was just the cutter if I really wanted to make my boat look new?

I found it locally at Automotive Color Supply 30440 Groesbeck roseville mi 48066 # (586)778-5151
Old 06-12-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rfgonzo

I found it locally at Automotive Color Supply 30440 Groesbeck roseville mi 48066 # (586)778-5151
Cool, thanks.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Wizards also has a new spray wax out just for quick detailing. It was nearly $20 for a bottle, but is amazing stuff!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Smitty;3940935]I would like to know what my options are for a good deck wax or polish that won't make it so slick I will slide off !!!! The deck needs some buffing as it has a very slight haze on it. I will do that with color restorer from Meguire's. After that I would like to keep the shine without sending someone into the drink

Thx

Wizards Turbo Cut for deep cutting. The Finish Cut compound works great also. If the polish is too slippery or brings the oxidation back cruise over it again with Finish Cut and leave it.

I have also been using Farecla. ****ing awesome stuff!! Best I have used in years but expensive and seems to be hard to find.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jmoore1225
Wizards also has a new spray wax out just for quick detailing. It was nearly $20 for a bottle, but is amazing stuff!!
Maybe look for it online to save a few bucks. I get it for $8-10 bucks a bottle.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Dave, you might give Leverage a call. I've spoke to him many times. He is very knowledgable and has lots of different products in his arsenal for different purposes.

I do know he spends lots of his time traveling to poker runs and races using his products in the real world.

Food for thought.

Buck
Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

Love the Collinite for Wax/protectant that also helps shine, but yeah its slippery

Love the Presta super cut compound for making Gel Coat SHINE to its max, then all you have to do is protect it and maintain it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.