Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Havre de Grace, MD this weekend! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/29808-havre-de-grace-md-weekend.html)

Nova ST 07-29-2002 06:07 PM

Havre de Grace, MD this weekend!

Hey upper Chesapeake Bay boaters!

Saw this posted on the Hot Boat Forums under "Hot Spots, East". There is a performance boat get together at the Susquehanna Flats this weekend, August 3 & 4. Open to all performance boats large and small. The Susquehanna Flats is a very large sand bar used by many boaters and their families on summer weekends. Come and hang out with the hot boaters from all over the east coast!

Nova ST

WARPAINT 07-30-2002 02:40 PM

i keep my boat near havre de grace.this is the first i have heard about this.was it hot boat magazine that you heard about this?

enticer 07-30-2002 03:08 PM

GO FIGURE...one of the few weekends we won't be able to trailer down......to short of a notice. But have a great time. Ans watchout for the S F seaweed

arks 07-30-2002 07:10 PM

I keep my boat at Havre de Grace, so I'll plan on attending. What part of the Flats?? Over by Red Point, or down at Sand Island? I've never met anyone from OSO and I'm looking forward to it.

White/Blue Wellcraft 23 Nova XL "Beats Workin' "

blue thunder 07-30-2002 07:31 PM

I never heard of this either... and I do the flats (and area) many weekends. My slip is about a mile from there. I'm sure if it is true, it is at the north end of the flats near Perryville. I'll check it out... but I think most people are going south to kent narrows for the races. Not sure I have the right weekend for that though. Anyone know for sure what weekend the offshore races are at the narrows??

Raddiction should know... where is he?

Blue and white 1988 scarab panther

BT :cool:

R Addiction 07-30-2002 09:29 PM

The races that are in the narrows this weekend: Thunder on the Narrows, featuring HiPo Hydroplanes and Jersey speed skiffs. Friday and Saturday 12-5pm. I'm going to the Flats. Hell it's only 5 minutes from my Hi&Dri. See ya there!:p

Ted G 07-30-2002 10:37 PM

The Baltimore Marine Center poker run is this weekend also,maybe they figure some of the heavy hitters will come to the Flats on Sunday.

R Addiction 07-30-2002 10:53 PM

Insptech, Where are you going this weekend? :confused:

Nova ST 07-31-2002 07:34 AM

The location of this weekends Susquehanna Flats get together is the sand bar across from Poplar Pt (Perryville end). On a typical hot summer weekend there are 75 to 100 boats anchored (partying) at this location, its hard not to miss. If you have ever been there you know what I mean. At low tide, the water will be anywhere from a knee deep, to the sand bar being exposed. The bottom is clean sand, no mud, no clay or rocks. You will need two anchors one at the bow and one at the stern to prevent your boat from swinging. The weather should be great this weekend!

Ted G 07-31-2002 08:27 AM

I may be at the party Friday night and I am doing the card stop for them in St. Michael's on Saturday. We already had plans to stay in SM so I agreed to do the card stop for them.