Need 454 gen V block only In tri state area >

Need 454 gen V block only In tri state area

Notices

Need 454 gen V block only In tri state area

Old 07-31-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Hotboat,

Did you get my email. I have what you want if you cant find something locally.

Ron
Old 08-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, how about an update? Did you find anything yet?
Old 08-01-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

Default Paul found a block....

I just talked to Paul, and he ordered a re-conditioned block. He wanted to thank everyone who responded and all who were looking for him. He will be on later tonight to explain, just didn't want to leave everyone hanging..
Old 08-01-2002, 03:33 PM
Registered

At last-the search is over.
Old 08-01-2002, 08:29 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Thanks everyone that helped me look for a block. I cant thank you all enough. I've been so busy working late at work, all I had time to do was glance at the post at lunch break. sorry I didn't make to many replies. most people seemed to far away. I didn't think it would be such a pain to find a block in my local area. I thought they were a dime a dozen in the marine industry. I did end up getting the block from Ron Sporl Performance in LA. They were really great to deal with and will be sending the block my way ASAP. All his stuff is fresh water and the blocks had only a few hours on them. He has some sort of deal with Merc where he gets a bunch of motors and reconditions them. His add has been in Powerboat Mag since I subscribed and my marina has dealt with them before and had good results with his stuff.

truthfully by the time the block get here and then sent to the machine shop and then rebuilt I don't think it will be done for a month... at least....... ......So much for the 1000 Island Poker Run. That is also our vacation week this year Not having the boat there is going to drive me nuts. But I got some great friend that are going to take care of us . Thanks Shane & Paul and if you guys cant cheer me up there is always my friends John Walker & Jim Bean

So I think I might have the boat finished just in time to winterize it If anyone sees a 28' Scarab dodging Ice burgs in the Hudson that's just be test running the boat See you out there in December.

Old 08-01-2002, 09:18 PM
Registered

Glad to hear you finally have a new block. Why don't you shoot for having the boat ready for the Superboat races in September. We can run down from Newburgh to NYC. If you need any help let me know.
Old 08-01-2002, 09:29 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

I would love to but that is in the hands of Typhoon Marine. If all goes as planed I should be ready to go. But I was also planning to run the NYC Poker Run. Call me when you get a chance and let me know when you are going to be at Gullies . Take it from me. all work no play gets boring after a while.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you got a block from Ron Sproll. I bought some heads from him 2 years ago and he is great to deal with. He is about 60 miles from me. You should have had him do the machine work also. He has a top notch full machine shop with a super clean air-conditioned build room. He builds race motors for some teams and does alot of the big boy's toys around here.

You still should have called me. I would have practically given my block to you.

Good luck and get that thing out on the water!

Ron