Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers? >

Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers?

Notices

Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers?

Old 07-31-2002, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

What was up with that Baja/Skater 25 Outlaw??? anybody?
Old 07-31-2002, 08:42 AM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Eric, I don't know about you but I built my F-1 boat from the mold up and what I'm saying is everything is different including laminate schedule, materials, CG, 11 stringers vs 4, 6 bulkheads vs 2, hull to deck joint, side stringer on inside perimeter, deck lay up, one off race hatch, gas tank placement, wiring harness, X dimention, dual guages, center throttle, helm location, 5 man bolster, blueprinted bottom, of course all this was done in the intrest of safety other than that I guess there is no difference maybe other manufactures are different such as the examples that you listed, but not in my case.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Treadwell,

Thanks for your insight. I'm curious about the X-dimension limit you mentioned. Are all F-1 boats set at 18.5"? How long has this been in effect? The reason I ask is I have a 1999 29 warlock that started out being built as an F-1 but was converted to a pleasure boat after the guy who ordered could'nt come up with the money. The X on my boat is 17.5 as measured by Carter at Warlock. Would this boat have been legal to Race? I have a ton of slip and have considered putting in a 1" spacer - Carter suggestes 150 lbs of lead mounted behind the motor. He stated they do that often on the race boats and have found it to be beneficial. Any opinions on either solution?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:30 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I race a 30' SUPERBOAT in F1, the boat is 100% Factory, the same boat you would get when ordering a new boat with the same Layup, these boats are built light, (aprox4600 lbs rigged) and are very strong. Superboats are custom boats that start with hull and cushions in the cabin, anything you would like to add are avalible as an option. He is offering the same 30' hull with the 496 package for $64,950.

Call John if you have any question 631-226-1761 or email me
[email protected]

Eddie Simmons
F1-68 superboatusa.com
Old 07-31-2002, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kokepelie,
yes i believe that boat is legal to race. as far as slip goes don't put a spacer in it. it will slow it down. yes the race boats do put a 100 pound lead bar in the back to make weight. it does help the boat. i would assume you have a low water pickup on the boat. switch gear cases and put a high water pick up on it and you will gain speed and get less slip. also put hyspeedkote on the boat and that will help it out to. the x dimension rule has been in affect for a couple years now.

lee i don't know what boat your are racing but like i said in my earlier post, yes the layup is diffrent and you ad diffrent bulheads, and a bolster system but it is the same boat. and basically what the manufactures have done is created a new breed of poker run boats that anybody can buy. you can have a blueprinted bottom on any boat if you ask for it. and today exept for a few manufactures what they race on the course is what you buy in the store.

Treadwell
Old 07-31-2002, 05:36 PM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad I bought a Warlock!!!

Hey Kpelli
Decided not to do the spacer thing? I talked to a few guys who blueprinted the bottoms, sounds like alot of work, and if ya dont know what your doing you can really screw the handleing up. I dont think I want to sacrafice good turning and ride for a little more speed, but I may try the lead thing.
Dan
Old 07-31-2002, 05:50 PM
Registered

Dan,

Nope didn't do the spacer thing. General consensus is that it will slow me down. I would like to try it, but I'm not going to drop 6 bills to buy one. I'll probably give the lead a try, allthough I'm not to sure how to secure it and I'd hate to have 150 lbs of lead flying around in my engine compartment.

Treadwell,

Yea I do have the low water pickup in my gear case but I think I have to keep it that way as I have whippled the motor and need the extra water pressure.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:54 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

Some of the Warlocks run better with a 1 inch spacer.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Registered

Ryan,

Do you know anyone I can talk to who is running a spacer so I can get some firsthand info?
Old 07-31-2002, 07:35 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts
Lightbulb

I've tried all the spacers.

Quick Reply: Factory class raceboats, one off "specials" or stockers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.