Notices

Alex Bay speeding ticket

Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
27 boats registered for the run. My way was a no show
Well I guess 27 isn't too bad considering the numbers we have read about lately.

Gone are the days of 150 plus in the 1000 Islands
Old 06-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

i think the cost of the runs is driving the average joe away. lots of boats up there to watch but that number is dwindling fast due to the extra law enforcement brought in for the weekend
Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

I also got tagged, and I am always up there. Thought 40 ish was ok, cause it usually is and 30 is near impossible in any go fast. He left a boat pulled over and waved me down as I went by. He has some amazing "in head" radar cause he said he got me at 50 in a 30....I did not see a radar gun. Made me follow him back out of the channel a half mile at 15 mph, which was nose high for me. I asked him not to tie his piece of sh!t boat to mine but he insisted. He tied the front rop tight and left the back loose, which I told him was wrong. So the girls had to sit on the bow and hold his boat away. Did a full inspection of all safety gear and wrote me for being short one life vest as well.

I don't mind the tickets, but one cop was actually mad and I thought I was leaving in cuffs at one point. Must be someone ruined his day and he thought a boat capable of doing 90+ was being a scofflaw running 40 mph? The bad attitude was just a bonus I guess.

I normally pay my tickets, but this time I will pay a lawyer twice as much to not support their efforts.

Fewest boats I have ever seen at that run. Thinking the NYC run pulled some of the crowd?
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got the lady cop, Virginia Keely. Miss personality her self, i am fighting the ticket as well because i was running side by side with a buddy, we both got stopped and her did not get a ticket, i got one for 43 in a 30. I have the whole thing on tape.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

I am in western NY and have been thinking that Alex. Bay should be on my short list of new boating areas to try. Now I am thinking of removing it from the list. It appears not to be performance boat friendly.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I am in western NY and have been thinking that Alex. Bay should be on my short list of new boating areas to try. Now I am thinking of removing it from the list. It appears not to be performance boat friendly.
Honestly, its just that one section. And this particular weekend is high patrol. Normally we leave town and go around wellsley to the speed friendly Canadian and International channel. That way we are in the speed zone for only a 1/4 mile, and in a low patrol area.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

While you guys in the Trick were getting ticketed we watched some 21 or so foot Formula make repeated WFO passes through the bay trimmed loose and on the edge of control. Only way he got away with it was ALL of the law was waiting down at the bridge to snag somebody .

That Formula was the biggest danger to public that we saw all day and he pulled it off right in their (what should be) focus area with all the tour boats and such.

A close second would be the Canadian tour boat that about ran over Brian's 38 Fountain as it sat waiting for the poker run to come back through.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:45 PM
VP of the tickfaw200

Received 148 Likes on 60 Posts

How can you clock a boat? I know radar gun, but there is to many factors on water if your shooting radar from a boat.

The local law is always friendly down here for our runs. They like the revenue it bring and try not to bother anyone unless you just need to be straitened out for being a dumb a$$.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They even pulled over Aqua Mania's G3 CC triple engine chase boat over near the TI bridge on the run back from Clayton, but it looked like they let them go once they realized who they were.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

We got stopped between the lighthouses but told them we were following Hugetime who told us the speed limit was 45mph so we negotiated ourselves a warning!

My 1st trip to the bay, always heard good things about the area & the run. I didn't participate in the run just took advantage of the timing to make sure my boat was in tip top shape since I had it brought there to be sold.

IMO from the outside looking in & having participated in many other non-PRA events I felt as if th $650 entry was steep & even steeper based on the fact there wasn't any helicopter for pics or video.

The sad part is that between the marine police & City of Alex Bay they so don't get the big picture of the $$$ & business the PR brings to town. Instead they prefer to rule w/ their guns & badges, leaving a bad experience for those of us who haven't been before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.