Notices

Alex Bay speeding ticket

Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Went last year on a non Poker run weekend had no problems had a great time actually. But the American Boldt Castle Customs Dick wads were a little over the top though. WTF is their problem?? You guys have seen my wife,sweetest thing on the planet, their like " TAKE YOUR GLASSES AND YOUR HAT OFF! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SEE WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE???".....Yeah buddy and if I WAS smuggling something Im quite sure I wouldnt be stopping at Boldt Castle on the way!!! HELLO!!
Old 06-18-2013, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
What was the boaters reaction to that?
Happened 2 years in a row in Kingston at the 1000 Islands Poker Run.

Actually, you could hear a pin drop when it was said.

It's their turf so it was prudent to sit and listen.

I can't remember how many police authorities are represented there but it's more than a couple.

Back when more than 100 poker run boats went through there it was a big deal and important to pay attention to routes and slow zones.

There were a couple of years when people forgot it was a poker run and broke every long standing rule for that area.

Half the grief was self inflicted.

If you don't know that area you can find yourself speeding in areas you would never think we're restricted.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're heading in August for the Kingston Run, just to watch though. Are these areas marked so you know what speed limit you should be obeying?

Not sure how excited I am anymore to spend 5-days up there and get harassed.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Video coming soon

Last edited by hugetime1; 06-18-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

the only reason i knew what the speed limit was is because the officer told me after i got pulled over for my noise violation. the speed limits are not marked so do some research. lighthouse west of bridge to light house in alex bay is 30 mph during the day and 15 at night. dont know any others tho
Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
the speed limits are not marked so do some research. lighthouse west of bridge to light house in alex bay is 30 mph during the day and 15 at night. dont know any others tho
The stateies dock at keywayden and the cost guard station is right there so there's usually some law enforcement close by
Old 06-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

+1, I asked where the signage was & they are like 36" sq signs on the shore line that at 1/4mi away look like some sort of real estate sign. On a waterway that wide one wouldn't see those signs peripherally. I straight up told the popo that I was acustomed to signage in the water on sticks, bouys & bridge supports (like the ICW) he said there are signs everywhere (shoreline) & it's on every chart. (ok he got me there, I didn't look at any chart to navigate a North / South river).
Old 06-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
Happened 2 years in a row in Kingston at the 1000 Islands Poker Run.

Actually, you could hear a pin drop when it was said.

It's their turf so it was prudent to sit and listen.

I can't remember how many police authorities are represented there but it's more than a couple.

Back when more than 100 poker run boats went through there it was a big deal and important to pay attention to routes and slow zones.

There were a couple of years when people forgot it was a poker run and broke every long standing rule for that area.

Half the grief was self inflicted.

If you don't know that area you can find yourself speeding in areas you would never think we're restricted.

Same thing happened at Daytona Poker run a few years ago. FPC had a run there for a few years but one year it was insanity, boats running 100 mph in the ICW, 3-4 boats wide, passing outside channel markers etc......in sections that pass normally quiet ICW homes. Enforcement went from zero to zero tolerance. FPC eventually took that event off their calendar.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

What would be consequence for an American who got a Canadian side ticket and just didn't pay it?
Old 06-18-2013, 08:44 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What would be consequence for an American who got a Canadian side ticket and just didn't pay it?
Castration!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.