Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Go pro video of high speed run >

Go pro video of high speed run

Notices

Go pro video of high speed run

Old 06-17-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did anyone notice the intercooler dump in the corner of the boat? I have dumps on both sides and I think they look cool.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Registered

I did notice something dumping on the upper left of the video, was wondering what that was. Nice video too, what river are you on. Looked to small for that barge.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:38 AM
Registered

I have a dump on both sides of the boat for the intercooler dump water.

As for the water way, its the intercostal canal in port Allen/baton rouge. I think its a shipping lane for barges to go to Texas. So I've been told. I found it about a week or two ago and its been great. It's quite and has nice scenery. On top of that its 10 minutes from my driveway so I've been going in the afternoons for rides. Much better then 40 minutes away and just on the weekends.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered

Other then the dirty color it looks like a nice place to get on it. I put in for a job in New Orleans, haven't heard anything yet but I can only imagine the endless waterways to boat on down there. Erie has plenty of boating but it can get nasty and its an hour and 45 mins from my driveway.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:59 AM
Registered

I read your post and might have commented on it when you were looking at a job here. It is a great place boating!! We are not limited to where you can go by boat. The only limit is your gas card. If I wanted to spend the money I could go from where we put in at the amite river/diversion canal and go all the way to Florida. I'm not doing it tomorrow, but its nice to have the option. As for fishing water it's unreal. I would love to have my velocity in the cobalt blue waters in the gulf that we fish in with the offshore boat. It makes my whole fishing trip if we make it to blue water when we go offshore. We usually fish 40-60 miles out and some times we hit it and others its just to far out.

You will love the boating if you move here.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get creative with the go-pro locations, I've had mine under water numerous times for drive height and prop research. Suction cup works good, although I attach a safety line to it just in case!

Cool river vid!

Old 06-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

I thought about trying that, but in this particular place the water is to dirty. I may try it this weekend when we go to the lake.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Registered

Didn't work super great on mine, my exhaust comes out and hits my steering ears on the extension box. Water sprays everywhere, and makes it tough to find a good place for the camera.

I also did a go-pro on a stick from the back seat. Feed your friend some beer and have him hold on tight, one hand on the boat, one on the camera stick!

They don't make for the best video's, but you can gather some great information on what's going on back there.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Love the video. I like your top speeds too and I am glad to see the boat is handling them well.