What is it with insurance companies?? >

What is it with insurance companies??

Notices

What is it with insurance companies??

Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by tgi
Best of luck!! If you're over the age of 30 it's going to be tough sledding. Nobody wants to hire older people for any substantial amount of $$$.
So anyone with any form of advanced education only has their 20's to get employed and then their career opportunities are over ? I doubt that.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor
So anyone with any form of advanced education only has their 20's to get employed and then their career opportunities are over ? I doubt that.
No I think you mis-read it......no one wants to hire you and PAY you for your experience!
Old 06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
No I think you mis-read it......no one wants to hire you and PAY you for your experience!
Yup. A lot of companies want young, cheap labor that they can "Mold" into a position. I had a hell of a time finding an IT job that would come close to my previous rate, even though I have certifications and experience... Most jobs I found wanted to hire in at 1/2 of what I was previously making. I actually got lucky and forund a new job that is paying me more than my previous job. But it took my previous boss, to hire me in at a new company.... (my boss was laid off at the same time as me a few years back. He got in at a competing company, then when an opening opened up he gave me a call... I fear, had this not happened I would either still be looking for a job, or have taken a position at a greatly reduced wage)
Old 06-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be a hell of a commute, but Arthrex is supposed to be hiring over here. They make medical devices, etc..
Old 06-20-2013, 02:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

RC,
Sorry to hear about your lay off, have you tried up here near Orlando? They have the Lake Nona Medical Complex that is opening up with all kinds of medical industry there?
Best of luck to you, and keep plugging, you'll get there!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks all,

Those that mentioned Arthrex(clean your PM box DON), I am aware of them, I actually do some consulting work for them and one of their contract manufacturers, and a family member of mine is one of their main suppliers. Unfortunately a move to the west coast of FL is out of the question for me now due to my wifes job, and still being a bit upside down in my house. In the past 24 hours I have made some good progress, and have a few promising leads, unforunately good companies take their time, and I was looking to roll right back to work after a few weeks vacation, that way I can use my severence pay towards a new toy, or at least some upgrades to the Pantera
Old 06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
Yup. A lot of companies want young, cheap labor that they can "Mold" into a position. I had a hell of a time finding an IT job that would come close to my previous rate, even though I have certifications and experience... Most jobs I found wanted to hire in at 1/2 of what I was previously making. I actually got lucky and forund a new job that is paying me more than my previous job. But it took my previous boss, to hire me in at a new company.... (my boss was laid off at the same time as me a few years back. He got in at a competing company, then when an opening opened up he gave me a call... I fear, had this not happened I would either still be looking for a job, or have taken a position at a greatly reduced wage)
Pretty much how it works, you almost have to know someone, not always but most of the time.