Notices

Fuel Consumption Meter

Old 06-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Consumption Meter

Just ran across this and thought it was interesting. I've never calculated my fuel consumption (don't want to) so I don't know how accurate this is.

http://www.boat-fuel-economy.com/mer...ion-us-gallons
Old 06-21-2013, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't do it! it will probably scare you.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the diesel numbers for the 4.2 look pretty accurate at 3000 rpm, i think its a little high at WOT.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:17 PM
Registered

hi there on the other side of the ocean, boat-fuel-economy is my (hobby) website, im from the Netherlands, I never look at my own website, i have a twin mercruiser 5.7 (-; lol (fuel gasoline price in the Netherlands is twice as much!!)..

Where possible i take 2 or 3 boat tests from around the world and take an average, so i get the fuel consumption, the 4.2 Mercruiser diesel version are factory numbers, I do not think the 4.2 is too high, it will not be smart!!!

Greetings from the Netherlands, mart

Last edited by mart; 06-21-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have twin 6.2's with Smartcraft gauges. The flowscan pretty much agrees with what this link show. Have vacuum gauges too and it tells me to stop moving the throttles at 3000 rpm's. Should get rid of all my gauges,haha

Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mart
hi there on the other side of the ocean, boat-fuel-economy is my (hobby) website, im from the Netherlands, I never look at my own website, i have a twin mercruiser 5.7 (-; lol (fuel gasoline price in the Netherlands is twice as much!!)..

Where possible i take 2 or 3 boat tests from around the world and take an average, so i get the fuel consumption, the 4.2 Mercruiser diesel version are factory numbers, I do not think the 4.2 is too high, it will not be smart!!!

Greetings from the Netherlands, mart
if thats what they burn then better off with Yanmars, mine are same HP same displacement and only burn 16GPH wide open at 4000 rpm.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spectras only
Have twin 6.2's with Smartcraft gauges. The flowscan pretty much agrees with what this link show. Have vacuum gauges too and it tells me to stop moving the throttles at 3000 rpm's. Should get rid of all my gauges,haha
okay...boatowners with a fuel flow meter can vote under each engine, if your engine consumes more or less!

I can see on my website where all the visitors come from (forums) nice to see that people put my website on many forums!